Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Middle aged track world – reading specs
  • charliemort

Anyone know any robust reading specs which dont fall off when you are fart arsing around in the garage / trying to actually see a route on a Garmin etc.? Sort of sports glasses style

Cheers

Mines a nice cocoa

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I am wearing (to type this) a pair of Nikes (from glasses direct) held in place with a Chums adjustable cord

wilburt
    Free Member

I go for quantity over quality so Amazon and TKmaxx are your friend.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheap chinese all plastic no frame ones, 2quid or so, from ebay are ok for leaving lying about. for better stuff i quite like some frameless ones i have from sainsburys, 12quid.

Davesport

I get mine from Boots the chemist. My turnip’s an odd shape and they’ve not fallen off yet. Have you considered a monocle? 😀

dovebiker

Nooz Optics – modern take on pince-nez and have a protective plastic cover. Keep them in my pocket when trying to ream my GPS in poor light.Mail order from Belgium.

donald
    Free Member

I go for quantity over quality so Amazon and TKmaxx Poundland is your friend.

Sandwich

when trying to ream my GPS in poor

One of the better auto correct mistakes.

allthepies
    Free Member

+1

Quid specs dotted around the place.

CountZero

eBay Chinese ones, rimless with springy titanium arms, around $6 a pair, but some are a lot more than that, just a question of hunting around.
    Perfectly happy with the ones I’ve got, and they work pretty well for close-up stuff, although they’re mainly for when I’m wearing contacts.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Poundland or The Works. Same price. I buy them by the fivers worth and scatter them around sheds, cars, various schools etc. Warm them up and bend the ear pieces to suit.

scaredypants

you can get (amazon etc) bifocal safety specs that have plain glass but with a small “reading” bit just down by your nose. Great for riding and having normal vision but also looking down at computer, finding punctures etc

oooh, my back. Still, takes your mind off the piles

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Middle aged track world – reading specs’ is closed to new replies.