Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mid to north Wales camp sites that allow fires please.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have got a regular camp site I go to with "the lads" which is great. Big old camp fires loads of ale ect… but me and a mate are taking the little'uns so I am looking for something a little less rough and ready. However I don't want a site that has forgotten what camping is all about like most of them seem have these days.

Any suggestions.?

Karinofnine

Fire burns the grass and the bald patch has to be re-sown. Why not buy a cheap barbie on wheels and have a smaller fire in that? Or a fire basket? Either way, you get a fire, and the camp site owner keeps their grass.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I don't want to camp on a bowling green just a bit of grass within walking distance of a hot shower.

Nick
    tazzymtb

http://www.pistyllrhaeadr.co.uk/camping.html

lovely venue. 200 ft waterfalls nearby and great for families who want a camp fire, the campsite has big fire baskets and sells the wood.

iDave
    Free Member
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Shameless bump.

Any others.?

Cheers.

Nick

Graig Wen

The best pitches are a little walk from the long drop toilet and the car park, but you'll be rewarded with a private pitch in a glade. You can ride to CyB, Cadir Idris, Pont Scetin etc from here.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Another vote for cae du on the coast. Fire spots all along and a beach, usually sunny. Does get pretty busy though.

joemarshall
    Free Member

One at Llanberis just above the youth hostel lets you have fires, and is a pretty nice site. Very big site, close to Snowdon, nice waterfalls and river pools above them right near, short walk to pub / nice cafe (Pete's Eats), you can walk/ride up Snowdon from pretty much at the site (either by Telegraph Road/Ranger path for a long loop, or by fording the river just above the waterfalls and going up the easy Llanberis path).

I think it is this one.
    http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=4631

It was not the quietest of sites when we were there, although if you pay attention to who you're camping near, that wouldn't be a big problem.

Joe

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bumpety bump…

Any more for any more…?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mid to north Wales camp sites that allow fires please.’ is closed to new replies.