Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Microsoft Word Apple Pages question
  • tails
    Free Member

My girlfriend has wrote some letters using MS Word and sent them to me to print, sign and return (currently in different countries). I’ve opened them in Pages and it changes the font from Calibri to Trebuchet, no problem I thought. On one of the letters it has placed a photo over some text and in another she has missed a letter from a word.

I thought I’d just get her to PDF them and send them across yet despite many attempts it just leaves the letter off the word, we’ve tried different emails and i’ve even downloaded Open Office which does even more strange things to the document with images.

Any ideas? Don’t really fancy spending £70 on Office 365 for a years use.

cp

A one month free trial of office online?

https://products.office.com/en-gb/try

tails
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go. Thanks

cp

Or if your gf uses office 365 you can have up to 5 installs off the same subscription.

tails
    Free Member

They want payment details up front even for the trial.

Jamie
    Free Member

Of course they do.

tails
    Free Member

I doubt it’s 365 as she’s on Windows 8.

tails
    Free Member

I’ll update my computer as I’m still on El Capitan.

the-muffin-man

Adjust the margins on the original document a tad wider/narrower and see if that brings the rogue letter back on the document when you create the PDF.

mattyfez

just use a pirate version like everyone else

Have you tried Google docs?

tails
    Free Member

Problem solved! You’ll like this, she was changing the spelling in another document even though that was never wrong, so she never even looked at the letter with the typo!

jambalaya
    Free Member

iAnnotate works for me for this sort of thing, I’ve been using it years now as marking up PDFs / Word Docs is a big part of my job amd I try amd use the iPad whenever I can.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft Word Apple Pages question’ is closed to new replies.