Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Microsoft Project Question
  • mangoridebike

Hi

A bit of a basic question

I’ve just started using microsoft project as a tool to show the status of a number of ongoing projects.

This has all been straight forward but I’m struggling to get it to print starting from todays date. At the moment its trying to print from the date where the first project started, which isn’t what I’d ideally want.

Anyone with experience who can help?

Stoner
    Free Member

its a nightmare getting the gant charts to size where you want them for printing!

I think there’s a setting in the project setup page for specifying the window size, but frankly Id be a happy man if I die before I see MS Project again 🙁

mangoridebike

hmm not filling me with confidence

One option will be to change the start dates to fit, which would do the job but is not ideal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LHS
    Free Member

Usually you can just adjust it in print settings, there is an option to print a date range.

Stoner
    Free Member

if you start mucking about with start dates, all the tasks go haywire and fly off into October 2019 by which time you should have retired.

EDIT: ^ LHS has it. I remember now, you can set a calendar window to print.

mangoridebike

Thanks LHS – however that seems to have removed the task name from the printed copy

what else am I doing wrong?

LHS
    Free Member

File, page setup, view click on print first (choose how many columns you want) so if you want, the first 3 columns just choose 3.

mangoridebike

got it

thanks muchly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft Project Question’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts