Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • microsoft powerpoint – hyperlink problems
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

Having trouble with compatibility on different machines. We are having to copy onto c drive and redo hyperlinks on each machine. Was hoping they would just run off a dvd. All videos are wmv. Wmv format runs on all machines. Powerpoint runs on all machines. Its when we try to run the videos from powerpoint. Any ideas?

wwaswas

can you not just embed the movies in the powerpoint (there’s an option to force it to include them) – no external links that way?

spacemonkey

Which version of PPT? I believe 2007/10 (and poss 03) only handle absolute addresses for links, therefore if you’re calling an external object then the address must be static.

Like wwaswas says, try Insert > Movie … but you’ll need to ensure the movies are individual files.

Tebbalot
    Free Member

Also, if you do embed the movies, when you take the powerpoint to another machine, you need to remember to also take the movie files.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Nearly got it. It didn’t work first time. All videos separate and on dvd. I’ll check the embeding and relative referencing.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Nearly got it. It didn’t work first time. All videos separate and on dvd. I’ll check the embeding and relative referencing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘microsoft powerpoint – hyperlink problems’ is closed to new replies.