Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Microsoft Office Word Templates – Advice for a numpty needed…
  • dh
    Free Member

IT Bods…

I am a complete numpty with Office, so looking for some help.

We produce many documents with things like the customer name in them, many times in the document.

So for example the title page will have “Joe Bloggs” in it, and also we will reference that throughout the document. Also we have 2 office and the address in each document needs to be changed to reflect this.

So ideally i would like a wee drop down or pop up etc to say what office are you in? and it will change that in the document and also what customer is it and change every reference for *customer* to joe bloggs or whoever.

I think it is maybe fields I want to use or something but just need a gentle prod in the right direction then I will hit google for more advice.

TIA

Dave

mrmo
    Free Member

as a start i would look at mail merge, i assume you have a database of customers details to pull from?

As for the pop up your looking at VBA and userforms. which could be expanded to insert details into the document.

pealy
    Free Member

For the customer name you can use bookmarks so that you type it in the first places then it uses a copy everywhere else. In Word 2007, highlight the text then create a bookmark. Then you use it to insert a cross reference everywhere it needs to be.

dh
    Free Member

Nope, no database for mailmerge , that would be what a proper business would do….

I shall investigate the bookmarks.

thanks all.

StirlingCrispin

Ask and Ref fields and then take it from there:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/field-codes-ask-field-HP010077962.aspx

Don’t rely on bookmarks – some muppet always deletes them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft Office Word Templates – Advice for a numpty needed…’ is closed to new replies.