Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Microsoft office
  • onehundredthidiot

Had the education version running on my laptop. Moved jobs old school won’t give me the New verification code I need because I no longer work there. New lot won’t because they had nothing to do with the install and policy won’t let them install on my laptop because it’s a personal one even though I do plenty work on it. So is it off to open office or whatever the freeware is called.

clubber
    Free Member

Google docs?

matt_outandabout

Google docs ftw.
    Or lash the cash on office 2013, it is ace.

molgrips
    Free Member

Office home version is £70 ish. Very very good value for money imo. Much better than the alternatives, so if you can stretch to it, get it.

andytherocketeer

LibreOffice (fork of OpenOffice – all the core OpenOffice developers quit and went to LibreOffice).

Or Google Docs.

I use both, depending on how complex a spreadsheet/doc needs to be.

sharkbait
    Free Member

In the house we’ve got Office 2013 on the iMac which is good for my girls’ homework.
    In the office I’ve been using OpenOffice for about 5 years, but I find Google Docs to actually be better as it seems to ‘just work’ and I can access my files from effectively anywhere.

takisawa2

Google docs, & I’ve got MS Office at work & home.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

What do you mean by the education version? Sounds more like the previous school / education authority had an EA or something like that which allowed for home use so you were using the full version of Office. If not, as molgrips says get hold of Office Home and Student which probably has all the bits you need.

onehundredthidiot

Yeah it was full version but, I think, licensed for education uses to cover lots of computers at lower price.

Sandwich

Software4Students is your friend for legit education versions of normally expensive software.

dh
    Free Member

If you qualify for education software , check office 365 education edition. £70 for 2 pcs for 4 years

mrblobby
    Free Member

What do folk on here reckon of 365 then? Not used it yet. A viable alternative for proper work?

dh
    Free Member

we use 365 primarily for email, but have many customers who use it with office and the other add ons. seems pretty good if you are a MS centric type of company.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Apple’s Pages, Numbers and KeyNote via iCloud.com

Pages is far superior to Google Docs word processor. I was using GoogleDocs quite heavily but made the switch.
    If you are a major user of Spreadhseets then Office/Excel is still superior

trail_rat
    Free Member

Teacher ? Power points ? If so just got office anywhich way or get used to your powerpoints not working as they should

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft office’ is closed to new replies.