Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Microsoft Hyperlapse
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Anyone tried this yet?
    It’s a free timelapse video program with a twist in that it makes a 3D flythrough of your video using some clever stuff.
    This is a boring clip but at 8 times speed is a lot less boring (only 1/8th as boring!). Note the fact the rear wheel wanders around in the frame despite the camera being fixed to the seatpost.

Hyperlapse linky: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/hyperlapseapps/

[video]https://youtu.be/xn1MXSn1nYI[/video]

bigh
    Free Member

Oh it’s out, Ive been waiting over a year for this 🙂

xora

Ive tried it, its major downfall is the output codec is really shitty and you basically end up with a very blurry conversion. Otherwise it turns boring rides into fun looking with great effect 🙂

Waiting for them to support decent codecs before I purchase.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Am I missing something here? It speeds video up for you?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

And takes out shake with some very clever analysis and a subsequent modified flythough of your camera’s path. Check out the link.

scotroutes

Am I missing the 3D flythrough bit?

Note the fact the rear wheel wanders around in the frame despite the camera being fixed to the seatpost.

As it does with my Sony Actioncam when it is in anti-shake mode. I’d be more interested to see it in use off-road where it’ll be a bit more challenging than on tarmac (even if it is on knobbly tyres 🙄 )

eddiebaby
    Free Member

(even if it is on knobbly tyres )

Don’t have a roady bike, all have knobbles. And not being a car owner I have to get to hills (or the Oxfordshire version) somehow. 😀

Just try the FREE! demo and see if it works for you.

I think it looks different and does some strangely off the wall stuff to your footage at times.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft Hyperlapse’ is closed to new replies.