Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Microfibre towels – are they all the same?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I need 5 x microfibre towels for a trip in August – price in the Uk seems to be £10-15 each but I can get them from China for £2.80!

Are there good and bad ones ore are they all basically the same?

IanW
    Free Member

I’ve used them quite a bit and never found much difference between brands. Having said that I actually prefer Turkish bath towels as travel towels.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’re very limited on space so normal towels are out.

ebygomm
    Free Member

The first one I ever had was horrible, smelled really weird. I’ve got a super lightweight MSR one which is functional but only really used when weight is really an issue, and a lifeventure one which is a bit bulkier but can be used more like a normal towel, i.e. you can just wrap yourself in it.

IanW
    Free Member

In comparable dimensions a traditional Turkish towel will take up no more space than a modern travel one.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Decathlon I have three.

And i cut one of them into four lightweight duties.

sharkbait
    Free Member

For the sake of £13 I’ve taken a punt on 5 from China.

Cougar

Let us know what they’re like for future reference?

properbikeco
    Free Member

where do you think they are made?

I would doubt the uk ones are significantly better, I’d take a punt as well

DrJ

I hesitate to contradict the STW Massive, but IME some microfiber towels are like wiping yourself on a Tesco carrier. I have one from IIRC Lifeventure which is luvly and soft as well as absorbent 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

I have two or three of the Tresspass’ plastic towels I bought from TK Maxx.

Yes, I think they are the same because they are all made of plastic.

No problem so far as I used them during my trip to the far east for two months. I always take one.

If it smells then just hand wash it with some soap then leave it to dry and they do dry quickly.

:mrgreen:

Basil

Not China cheap, but I have just used one of the new Sea to Summit ultra light towels. Best travel towel so far.
    Would like to know how those China ones work out tho?

Kuco

I’ve got a 2 Life Adventure and a iirc a Aqua Sphere one and one of the Life Adventure ones is better than the other 2. I’d have thought the 2 Life Adventure ones to be the same but one dry’s me off better than the other.

BoardinBob

Karrimor ones from Sports direct. Dirt cheap and dry very well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Microfibre towels – are they all the same?’ is closed to new replies.