Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Micro radio controlled cars? (e.g. Losi / Kyosho etc)
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

I used to race 1/10th scale rc cars when I was in my teens and just been having a look at what you can get now.

Seen these Losi Micro Truck which are obviously a lot smaller, but I was wondering how quick they are.

Are they not much more than expensive toys or do they have a good turn of speed and decent steering?

Would they be good to teach the kids whilst still keeping me entertained?

Brainflex

The losi micro truck is very quick for the size, set out a scale course and they are great fun. Lots of upgrades if you want em. Get bearings for the wheels and this extends play time. Awesome fun on lino or hard floors, no good on carpet.
    For the kids? They are definitely aimed more at the grown up market but you know your kids best.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

If I’m honest, its somewhat of an excuse to buy something that will entertain me but maybe the kids might get a go.

The whole house is laminate or wood floors, so it sounds spot on!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Damn you! I’m supposed to be saving for a new bike! 😉

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Just to fuel the fire Eddie, there’s also the Kyosho Mini-Z Lazer 1/24th scale but they’re 3 times the price 🙄

RustySpanner

mtbtomo – Member

If I’m honest, its somewhat of an excuse to buy something that will entertain me but maybe the kids might get a go.

The whole house is laminate or wood floors, so it sounds spot on!

I’ve been reading these RC threads with interest, but not been able to justify the cost – however, wooden floors, a cat that needs tormenting and the fact that they’ve just brought out the LiPo brushless model means my wallet is very scared.

Can run it in the house and on the local park, so it’ll get some use
    and it really does get great reviews.

So, cheap one for £60,or go for the all singing, all dancing, 35mph one at twice the price?
    Could get Mrs S one for Christmas……hmmm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Micro radio controlled cars? (e.g. Losi / Kyosho etc)’ is closed to new replies.