Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mickleover, Derby – anyone do a Sunday morning ride?
  • robbo1234biking

Anyone do a Sunday morning ride near Mickleover in Derby? Haven’t ridden for 4 years since moving up here for a variety of reasons but want to get back out on the bike. I know there is a roadie meet on a Sunday morning but looking for a more informal ride on the mountain bike and someone to show me some local trails rideable from the door!

Cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

http://www.derbymercury.org.uk/mountain-biking.html They’re a friendly lot, used to be a mix of lost roadies right upto a guy who rode a Yeti AS-X, looks like it’s more of the former now though judgeing from the pics.

Depends what you’re after really, TBH most of the stuff locally is CX/Gravel/Singlespeed trails, interspersed with the odd yoofs DH track or techy bridleway, but they’re the exception rather than a rule. The magazine actually did a route guide around Ticknall years ago, IIRC Cy from Cotic was on a prototype Hemlock.

Even the north derby riding is more of the same.

Fortunately you’re only minutes from the Peak. Probably 30min to the White Peak and an hour to the Dark Peak. No idea about organised rides, but those would be my preferences for a Saturday ride.

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m in Chellaston
    Happy to meet up and show you round, there isn’t much from the door though without a bit of a ride to get to
    Local there is Ticknall although the tracks in robin Woods have recently been destroyed, or ride up towards Belper, The Cevin and Morley Woods. Other than that it’s nice bridleways and stuff, surprisingly rolling terrain though
    Further afield and my main haunt is Black Rocks, Ambergate and Crich

robbo1234biking

Hi Iain thanks for the response. Sounds like what I am looking for to start with. Haven’t not ridden for 4 years don’t want anything to challenging but want to build up some bike fitness from the door to allow me to take on more challenging stuff again. Cardio fitness should t be too bad as I have been running but bike fitness will be awful!

MoreCashThanDash

If you fancy road rides, Cycle Mickleover are a great bunch. Previously known as Mickleover Out On Bikes, but the abbreviation was a bit off….

domtrax

I live in Belper robbo and can show you chevin, shining cliff and so on also at some point if needed. A good start is from Milford, if you have a car to get you there.

iain1775
    Free Member

Also if your on Facebook search our ‘Life behind Bars’ group, a lot of the lads on there are local to Derby area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mickleover, Derby – anyone do a Sunday morning ride?’ is closed to new replies.