Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Mick Philpott
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

15 years. What a joke.

ETA: Oops wrong forum.

Klunk
    Free Member

15 years for what he did is woeful but for a manslaughter conviction, with guidelines IIRC set at 4-7 years, is quite severe.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Fair point. It’s just the circumstances that boggle the mind. Setting a fire in your own house when your kids are asleep upstairs is just horendous, whether you intended to harm them or not.

Esme
    Free Member

Is that because of his crime – or his lifestyle?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Is that because of his crime – or his lifestyle?

If that’s to me, then I think it’s a joke because of his crime, I couldn’t care less about his lifestyle.

freeagent
    Free Member

Agreed, even though I have issues with paying for his lifestyle, I think 15 years for setting fire to your house with your kids inside is horrific.

He should have got life without parole.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Its the minimum term, he got life, doesn’t mean he’ll be out in 15. Anyone else getting the Philpott facebook spam?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

He’ll be a marked man.
    He doesn’t look very healthy anyway, so it’s only a matter of time……

thx1138
    Free Member

Mick Philpott, 56, was told he would serve a minimum of 15 years in prison.

He’s been given life imprisonment. Not 15 years. He may get out after 15 years, but then, he may not.

As dreadful as his actions were, the court has decided he did not intend to kill his children. Hence the manslaughter conviction. And life for manslaughter is pretty much unheard of, I’d imagine.

zippykona

What will his reception in prison be ? Will he be welcomed as a fellow a..e hole or duffed up for killing children?

theflatboy
    Free Member

He’s unlikely to have a quiet life inside either, I would assume.

v8ninety

He’ll die in prison, I’d put money on it. and no one will care. So a good result, really.

bland

Apart from us taxpayers having to fund him for even longer. Hopefully he wont see much of that sentance

grum
    Free Member

Yes I know much more about this case and the law than the judge does, based on what I’ve read in the Daily Mail.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Agreed, it’s 15 minimum, but likely he’ll only do 15 if he keeps his nose clean IMHO. Seems to be the way it goes.

grum
    Free Member

Seems to be the way it goes.

Yes, there’s a wealth of information about the criminal justice system in the tabloids – I find it brings a really keen insight and sense of perspective.

Tom-B
    Free Member

‘Sentence’ as someone else has said, he’ll more than likely die inside anyway.

What’s the alternative bland, kill him so that we save money?

toys19
    Free Member

grum – Member

Yes I know much more about this case and the law than the judge does, based on what I’ve read in the Daily Mail.

Me too, I don’t know why we bother with a justice system, seems like a waste of money.

avdave2

Dear Mr Philpott everything you eat for the next 15 years will have been spat in, pissed in or shat in – enjoy.

Basil

Inside he will be living like a nonce.
    Not a gangster or a big man. Everybody knows what he looks like and what he did.
    He’ll be a target and a “prize ” to whoever gets to him first.

jonnyrockymountain

6 lives to me should be 6 x his 15 year sentence?
    so he should never come out? and because he should never come out why should us tax payers pay to keep him alive, burn him to death is my verdict
    (this won’t go down well with some on here)

somouk
    Free Member

It is a minimum term of 15 years and the chance of him surviving that in prison will be slim to none I suspect.

His pal got 17 which was surprising but I think he has the option of early release.

takisawa2

Esme, yes his lifestyle is(was) a joke also.

Why, do you have a problem with somone pointing that out ?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

grum – Member

Seems to be the way it goes.

Yes, there’s a wealth of information about the criminal justice system in the tabloids – I find it brings a really keen insight and sense of perspective.

Cool your jets crusader! I put IMHO and I meant it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m much more bothered that he only got seven years for trying to kill his girlfriend. If she survived being stabbed 13 times then that is down to the prompt emergency treatment she received, but he should have been treated as if he had been successful.

Why should he have got a reduced sentence simply because he was unlucky ? Makes no sense to me.

wwaswas

It’s one of the longest sentences ever given for manslaughter.

The bloke who killed and ate people got less.

emsz
    Free Member

God, whole thing is such a mess, those poor kids, and all the others that are left, imagine how awful it must be. Glad I don’t have to sentence people to jail.

**** up

thx1138
    Free Member

imagine how awful it must be

I can’t and don’t want to.

convert

I’m much more bothered that he only got seven years for trying to kill his girlfriend. If she survived being stabbed 13 times then that is down to the prompt emergency treatment she received, but he should have been treated as if he had been successful.

Why should he have got a reduced sentence simply because he was unlucky ? Makes no sense to me.

Very true – it should be the actions rather than the consequences that get the punishment.

I bet 15 years seems like a very long time when you wake up every day in the same prison cell though. Enough to make most sane folk mad.

pictonroad

Drop them in the North Sea, all three of them, just read the prosecution evidence in the paper.

Shakes head and goes home to his family…

forest
    Free Member

How about a prison sentence equal to all the years this b*****d has robbed from all these poor children?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Very true – it should be the actions rather than the consequences that get the punishment.

Judicial inconsistency innit?
    Kill someone with a car, it’s not the killing you’ll be punished for, it’s the dangerous driving, ie the intent, not the result.
    try to kill someone with a knife, you’ll be done for the result not the intent.
    moral – if you really want to kill someone, use a car.

Esme
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member
    Why, do you have a problem with somone pointing that out ?

Errr, no 😕
    Do you have a problem with someone asking?

aracer
    Free Member

Inside he will be living like a nonce.

I suspect even most of the other nonces will hate him.

It’s one of the longest sentences ever given for manslaughter.

Have you got a reference for that, www? Will be useful on FB 🙄

freeagent
    Free Member

As others have said, he’ll be a marked man in prison, I think his days of calling the shots and playing the hard man are behind him now.
    I’m sure he’d never admit it, but he’s probably scared s**tless right now, and if he isn’t, he certainly should be.

I doubt Mrs Philpott will be very popular in jail either.

No more than the pair of them deserve though.

aracer
    Free Member

moral – if you really want to kill someone, use a car.

Though to be fair, if you ran over your wife’s lover in your car the police might look into it a bit more carefully.

woody74

The judges summing up as it is an interesting read to really understand the story and sentencing. I am amazed he only got 7 years for attempted murder of an old girlfriend. seems like a self obsessed nutter.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-philpott-philpott-and-mosley-sentencing-remarks.pdf

aracer
    Free Member

I doubt Mrs Philpott will be very popular in jail either.

I’m not sure which one will have it worse – I’d assume in a female prison the tough nuts are a little bit less tough, but possibly not a lot. However every single other inmate will hate her.

From another perspective I reckon she has it a whole lot worse – I may be misreading her, but I get the impression she at least regrets what they’ve done and is devastated to have lost all her kids, whilst I’m not so sure about him.

konabunny
    Free Member

Woody74 – who do you think you are with your bloody do-gooder facts, explanations and reasons? People like you make me sick. I want justice, and that comes quickly, without too much thought or too many words from naive, out of touch judges that spend all their time listening to evil and feckless people destroy themselves and others.

Basil

Worth reading the judge’s summing up. Particularly the sentencing e.g
    Mick Philpott 30 years

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Mick Philpott’ is closed to new replies.