Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Michael Portillo for Tory Leadership!
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Such a shame he’s too busy making programmes about the railway.

scotroutes

Kenneth Clarke

ThePinkster

He’s not interested in serious politics any more anyway. Doesn’t even want a place in the House of Lords

maccruiskeen

He’s not interested in serious politics any more anyway. Doesn’t even want a place in the House of Lords

Sound perfect

the-muffin-man

Seb Coe!

colournoise

Possibly get lynched for this on here, but now he’s out of politics I kind of like Portillo’s media persona…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yeah he went from being reviled as a politician to loved as a media presenter.

Why would he choose to go back into politics?

Stoner
    Free Member

and he’s not the only one, we have a cornucopia of ex-tory-MPs-cum-light-entertainment-leviathans to choose from!
    [img]http://www.gylesbrandreth.net/main/images/gyles-biography.jpg[/img]

ElShalimo

Bring back Brandreth! Brexit is inevitable so he could talk the EU into signing a favourable deal, they’ll do anything to get rid of him after a few hours.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

**chants** Boris!Boris!Boris!**chants**
    Imagine the global chaos with Boris and Trump 😆

slowoldman

Quite a lot of politicians seem decent characters once they pack in politics, though the only serving right winger I currently have much time for is Ken Clarke. It must be the Hush Puppies.

RustySpanner

Stoner – Member
    and he’s not the only one, we have a cornucopia of ex-tory-MPs-cum-light-entertainment-leviathans to choose from!

Don’t forget Doris, who demanded female prisoners be chained to their beds as they gave birth.
    She’s a one, isn’t she?

And let’s not forget Portillo’s hypocricy – voting against gay rights despite having had gay relationships himself.

And Matthew bless him, friend of cyclists everywhere.

Difficult to pick just one really, isn’t it?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Imagine the global chaos with Boris and Trump

Are you saying they are two different people? Well I never…
    I thought it was a Peter Kay/Brian Trotter/Max the bouncer type act.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Being a commentator is always easier than being in the front line. Gary Linekar told me the same thing about MotD vs being a manager.

RustySpanner

People do tend to remember commentators who make wildly innacurate predictions though.
    🙂

theotherjonv

We’ll never let Alan Hansen off for his ‘won’t win anything with kids’ statement.

Thankfully political mis-speak is almost forgotten overnight 😉

ThePinkster

Bring back Brandreth! Brexit is inevitable so he could talk the EU into signing a favourable deal, they’ll do anything to get rid of him after a few hours.

As long as he does it without hesitation, deviation or repetition.

flanagaj
    Free Member

As long as he does it without hesitation, deviation or repetition.

😆

redmex
    Free Member

My tenuous connection i’m currently working at 109 loughborough rd, kircawdy
    Michael Portillos rich grandparents Wilby house where he spent a lot of childhood now a care home for auld folk is next door, im sure they contributed a lot towards the art gallery famous for the Jack Vetraino pics in the town

jambalaya
    Free Member

People do tend to remember commentators who make wildly innacurate predictions though.

🙂

Well I wasn’t alone 😳

Jon Snow's Game of Thrones take on the general election

“I know nothing. We the media, the pundits, the experts know nothing.” Sometimes the news is so unreal that the real Jon Snow has to draw on Game of Thrones to open the programme.

Posted by Channel 4 News on Friday, June 9, 2017

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Michael Portillo for Tory Leadership!’ is closed to new replies.