Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Metroflash Safety Zone – Retina burning rear light!
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

Was after a light for the obligatory road in between trails and for a tenner thought this was worth a punt, gets good reviews…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AOZHW3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brightest rear light i’ve ever seen, looking directly into it at close distance not reccomended, projects a sort of target from the top LED and a burning bright spot LED on the bottom, constant, flash, or alternate modes with the button.

Build quality is fantastic and hard to capture the retina burning potential on camera…

andyl
    Free Member

Looks like an evolution of the part lights from on one

jameso

I was looking at this type of light recently. Much easier to gauge distance in the dark when there’s a line or shape to the light, compared to an eye-burning point. 1W+ LEDs can help stand out in lit-up city centres but on more open roads they may not be as safe as a less powerful light. I spent a few hours riding in changing bunches on a long overnight ride this summer and it dampened my enthusiasm for super-bright rear LEDs – when strobing they’re awful.

flap_jack
    Free Member

What is the point ? You’ll blind any of your mates whoa are following, and burn a bike-sized blind spot into the retina of any car / lorry driver behind.

jameso

That’s the issue, you lose some of your sense of what’s up the road in front of the rider when it’s dark and all you can see is this crazy-bright red LED. In town it’s not so bad, diluted against other lights.

johnnystorm

The reviews on Amazon suggest it switches itself on in your bag easily and chews through batteries in quick measure.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

@jamesso might have to look into something like that as a comparison cheers!

@johnnystorm couldn’t find a light without some scathing bad reviews, but as a whole there are only 7 bad reviews out of 110. The switch has a good click action so hopefully it will behave in the bag 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Metroflash Safety Zone – Retina burning rear light!’ is closed to new replies.