• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Meta 5.5.3 or Prophet 2..or something else.
  • Dancake
    Free Member

I have decided I want a single swingarm type 140mm full susser that must be new. I can get a meta 5.5.3 from merlin from 1100 or a Prophet from anywhere for 1200. I prefer the forks on the Prophet but prefer the look of the meta.
    If I had any more than the max 1200 quid I would go for a 5.5.2 but 1200 is already far too much

Reviews concenrate more on the premium versions so I wondered If any forum users had any opinions on each?

NB Bit worried about the lack of a "RL" rear shock on both. Hoping factory PP will soak up most of the bobbage…

Kuco

I had a Prophet MX for 2 years never had a fault great bike 😀 Mate had a meta 5.5 3 months and cracked it 😕

Dancake
    Free Member

Thats one for the Prophet..and the more I stare at both, the prettier the White Prophet 2 looks…

Kuco

Being fair his Meta did ride nice, not as nice as my prophet mind 😉

z1ppy

I can get a meta 5.5.3 from merlin from 1100 or a Prophet from anywhere for 1200

May find it difficult to locate a Prophet 2, though it definitely is a better colour scheme than the 1 this year.
    Mention was made that Wheelbase may still have some

Love my Prophet but it's an older different spec'd version, so can't help other than to say buy one as their great! (and put it in the FR mounting point and leave it there)

DustyLilac
    Free Member

+1 for the prophet

hora
    Free Member

Heckler
    Orange 5

?

Dancake
    Free Member

If I could find a new orange 5 for 1200 I would buy now 🙂

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Depends what your after mate. The meta is so smooth downhill and it uses it's travel so well. The geometry is just not made for climbing though! I haven't ridden a prophet to comment but I'd bet a lot on there being not much that can compare to the meta for it's descending ability in terms of 140mm bikes.

Dancake
    Free Member

Well I have slept on it and I have decided will get a Prophet from my localish shop if they have any left. Got a bit turned off by the look of the 5.5.3 in black and if I got that I would always be wishing I had the fox forked 5.5.2 (which looks ace in white)

got a pesky wedding to go to today..will have to wait a week..nnooooooooooooooooooo

hora
    Free Member

Ah you mean £1200 all in. That is a good price! Nearest I found for a build was £1600. Remember if your buying a bike for cash/card you can ask them for a discount or throw stuff in.

cp

Good choice!! Wheelbase in staveley had all sizes of prphet lined up last weekend, was admiring them- very nice bikes!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Meta 5.5.3 or Prophet 2..or something else.’ is closed to new replies.