Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Meta 5.5 owners
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Does anyone else blow through the travel to easy? clipping pedals off 3″ high roots is getting a bit boring 🙁

swavis

Never found it to be a problem. Can’t remember what pressure I’ve got the shock at but I run quite a lot of sag and never seem to push the O-ring off the shaft.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m running about 260psi now, sure the float can only take 300.

swavis

I’m pretty sure mine’s about 150psi. I’m about 13 stone with all the usual trail kit. Sounds like something funny’s going on 😕

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m 17 stone. that’s the bother 🙂

BigR

13.5 stone and 150 psi – never blown through the travel. I think your shock is knackered. I’d give Mojo or TF a call.

cheers_drive

I’m 14.5st kitted up and run 170psi which works best for me. I did run as low as 150psi for a while but got fed up of clipping pedals when climbing. The bike does sit quite far into it’s travel and pedal clips are common but I’ve only ever once bottom it out after a flat landing from a jump.
    260psi is crazy, sounds like somethings up with your shock.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s not actually bottoming, I just get through the travel very easily. It’s been like that since new, and I’m convinced it’s my weight rather than anything else. It’s fine going downhill, and I’m usually going too slow uphill for it to be a bother, it’s pedally bits with roots or dips in quick succession where I can’t keep up the momentum that gets it.

Reading that, I’m wondering if the rebounds a bit slow and thats where I’m getting caught out 😕

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

When I had mine would tend to use alot of the travel, but I think that was what made it ride so well. The trade off of this nice and low riding position is pedal strikes unfortunatley. I compounded it by having wide flatties, but meh you get over it. If you have a bike that rides high enough to avoid pedal strikes it feels too tall (Like the Marin Quad Links in my experience).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

rebound or pro pedal settings? does it have a lockout for climbing? You can also get the floats with different pro pedel settings.

Maybe time for a return to seller for some setup tips etc

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s just a bog standard float r with a factory set medium propedal, no lockout.

There’s no noticeable bob either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Meta 5.5 owners’ is closed to new replies.