Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Met Police in 'looking after their own yet again' shocker…
  • clubber
    Free Member

The Guardian article suggests to me that there may be some connection with Meridian Way.

Interesting though that the police followed procedure in videoing the incident – not what you’d expect if they thought they’d get called up on it…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ernie..yup agree with you there! imagine being the driver, scare the living day lights out of you!

kilo

No offence to Enfield Crime squad but it’s not exactly the upper echelons of law enforcement so psoiibly never actaualy been trained how to do this manouvre properly, the car dosen’t even appear to be well blocked in

5thElefant
    Free Member

If the police had guns this sort of thing wouldn’t happen.

alpin
    Free Member

having read the other articles and seen the pictures (but not the video.. link?) i’m on the old bills side.

i feel, although my original comment still stands, that the police were acting reasonably.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh I see, the publication of the outcome of an independant investigation is indicative of illicit Police behaviour…

Did you also read the Scotland Yard statement I quoted earlier?

i feel, although my original comment still stands, that the police were acting reasonably.

Funny, cos their own employers don’t…. 🙄

crankboy
    Free Member

“Anti-corruption officers found nothing to support any of the so called intelligence which the six officers claimed to have gathered.” Not sure attacking cars with baseball bats while wearing home made crime squad jackets then making up lies about why you did it is reasonable even if you do video it and perhaps add your own soundtrack …

I would have no issue with a proper hard stop with windows put through with batons or torches but these guys seem to have been cowboys .

No report of actual violence to the individual though so the massive slap seems the right outcome . Demote the Sweeney fantasist who thought this was OK .Personally I’d also sack the one who appears to have made up the intelligence if i could not be sure it was true.

deluded
    Free Member

Fred, the best way to set Babylon right is from the inside – make a difference and submit an application to the Met to become a PCSO 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nah, I’d have to go straight into officer training mate. I’m far too educated for the lower ranks. 😉

I’d make a brilliant copper. I’d be like nasty little brown version of Jack Regan crossed with Gene Hunt. Criminal types throughout the land would fear me so much they’d give up crime and be nice to people. 🙂

BermBandit
    Free Member

Did you also read the Scotland Yard statement I quoted earlier?

I’m not quite sure why its relevant. I accept that they were wrong, I accept that the behaviour shouldn’t be condoned. What I don’t accept is an instant knee jerk reaction that they should be sacked, despite a full investigation which agrees that they were wrong, and the behaviour shouldn’t be condoned finding that the appropriate punishment didn’t actually involve sacking.

deluded
    Free Member

Nah, I’d have to go straight into officer training mate. I’m far too educated for the lower ranks.

No such thing at the moment Elf. Once you’ve done your two years probation you can then apply to go on the High Potential Development Scheme – which in theory fast tracks you up the ranks.

Anyway here’s one of my favorite books (and I’ve got the framed poster hung up in the spare bedroom – serious).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Once you’ve done your two years probation

Eh? But that finished ages ago? And I only went about three times! 😆

ransos
    Free Member

I’m not quite sure why its relevant. I accept that they were wrong, I accept that the behaviour shouldn’t be condoned. What I don’t accept is an instant knee jerk reaction that they should be sacked, despite a full investigation which agrees that they were wrong, and the behaviour shouldn’t be condoned finding that the appropriate punishment didn’t actually involve sacking.

What punishment do you think is appropriate? I ask, because as far as I can see, there hasn’t been any punishment worthy of the name.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s a 5k per annum fine for the newly demoted Sgt.

hora
    Free Member

maybe the mini driver was a scumbag?

Bleating heart liberals. You do realise its a std proceedure sometimes used to disorientate the occupants?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bleating heart liberals

Sigh… 🙄

Hora; the police themselves admit those officers went beyond the limits set by their own employers. Limits imposed for good reason; would you appreciate it if coppers dragged you out of your car and gave you a proper beating for a broken rear light or something trivial? No, you wouldn’t. Because that would be ‘unreasonable force’ in that instance. And why guidelines and legal limits are in place. Make sense?

So, it’s been deemed they did not use ‘reasonable force’, according to legal guidelines, so they have been disciplined. The issue here is nothing about the driver of the car, it’s about the actions of those officers.

Which in my onion, shooduv been punished by dismissal. Speshly when people are given 5 months in jail for nicking a bottle of water, or posting nonsense on Faceblank….

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Met Police in 'looking after their own yet again' shocker…’ is closed to new replies.