• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Met Parachute
  • StuE
    Free Member

Thinking of one of these for days out in Lakes etc,anyone using one and are they ok for longish rides.They are a good price on CRC
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/met-parachute-helmet-2016/rp-prod138460

kimbers

Yes , hotter than a regular full face so you will swear more

sideshow
    Free Member

Blimey, what full face are you using kimbers? it’s definitely cooler than my 661 comp.

Worth taking the cheek pads out on long climbs though for a cooler feel. Of course that makes the chin guard ineffective so remember to pop them back in at the top.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fairhurst uses one. They look ideal for the more extreme side of riding you’re likely to find off road.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL9Lw9X5Q5k[/video]

kimbers

Sorry, meant to say cooler than a DH lid, I’ve done 50k enduros in my parachute

deano8
    Free Member

Definitely the coolest full face I’ve had, I’m the only one in our group of riders that doesn’t remove there lid on pedalling up to come back down again. I replace the cheek pads for the thinner ones unless I’m on an uplift.

I’d be more inclined to go for a Bell Super 2R with it’s removable chin guard

oldtalent
    Free Member

Met is fantastic, I dont own an open face. I have never felt the need to have a removable chinguard as the venting/breathing is so good in it.
    Ideally it should come in 3 sizes. The large feels ever ever so slightly too large despite the headband adjuster, the medium wont even fit over my head.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Great helmets if you want some extra protection without the he weight & stifling heat of DH full face helmet. Use one for enduro (where I tend to crash a lot) and no major dissadvantage on air flow or heat build up. Swap the cheek pads for a thinner ones that come with it makes a difference as well. Best fitting helmet I’ve ever had ask like the head tension band system they use. I’ve seen a few complain that it uses a D ring system to secure it rather than the a plastic clip / buckle and that this is fiddly to take on and off. However the strap is long enough too loosen it to slide off your head without undoing it so it’s a doddle

StuE
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback,I ride with a guy who has one of the Bell helmets and he always seems to be trying to decide if he should attach the chin guard or not.
    It would mainly be used on days out in the Lakes/Peaks.

poah
    Free Member

The parachute isn’t any hotter than a standard half shell in my experience.

I got mine from bike-discount for £90 a few months back to replace a crash damaged one.

orena45

A shameless bit of self-promotion but here’s a review I’ve justed wanged up on my blog 🙂

superdan

I picked one up for enduro racing, and the Mega last year. Riding up hill I don’t notice a difference between it and my Poc Trabec. Doesn’t feel quite as confidence inspiring as the TLD D3 I race Downhill in, but not close to as warm either.

Me having a big OTB in a met parachute at the Mega last year, 6:50 in…

StuE
    Free Member

Going to order one doesn’t seem to be any real reason not to

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

StuE – Member
    Going to order one doesn’t seem to be any real reason not to

They look silly

mcnultycop

Nice crash Dan. The way you home in in that huge rock with the helmet is impressive.

StuE
    Free Member

A smashed up face looks a lot sillier

superdan

Nice crash Dan. The way you home in in that huge rock with the helmet is impressive.

It’s a skill.
    New peak and back to being all good 😀

poah
    Free Member

They look silly

so do normal helmets but atleast you don’t look like a cock if you use goggles

sparrowcar
    Free Member

I love my parachute. I sent a bell 2r back as its was a terrible fit and looked ridiculous on my head.
    I have an IXS trial lid for most rides and take the chute out for Enduro races or anything sketchy.

shermer75
    Free Member

Met have done really well with this relaunch, considering the old style attracted so much ridicule. I think it’s because it looks like a full-face, rather than an xc lid with a weird Jimmy Hill attachment

poah
    Free Member

the parachute is a bluegrass golden eye with an attachement TBF

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Met Parachute’ is closed to new replies.