Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Messi vs Ronaldo
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Who and why?

Messi for me no question. Never seem anyone with skills like him (maybe maradonna) So humble with his greatness. Scoring feats don’t lie.

Ronaldo egotistical, whinging, unsportsmanlike. But he’s still head and shoulders above anyone else of this era.

Though he has had a good year and should probably edge the ballon d’or this year.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Messi is a natural footballer, Ronaldo is a natural Athlete who plays football. This debate will go on forever, although i agree and hope Ronaldo does get the Ballon d’or as I put money on it whilst it was still at 5/1

jambalaya
    Free Member

You’ve contradicted yourself – Messi no question but Ronaldo head and shoulders above rest ?

Ronaldo should win player of the year as Messi has been injured. Ronaldo’s scoring record this season is stunning. Over the past 4 or 5 years Messi has been the worlds best player. I hope he’s truely fit come the world cup.

Maradonna is a cheat, to mention his name alongside Messi and Ronaldo is disrespectful to them.

loddrik
    Free Member

How have I contradicted myself… 😕

Ronaldo head and shoulders above anyone ‘else’….

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Maradonna is a cheat, to mention his name alongside Messi and Ronaldo is disrespectful to them.

Not still bitter about that “hand of God” goal are you ? Don’t forget he also scored one of the greatest goals ever in that game and almost single handedly won the World Cup for Argentina . Between Ronaldo and Messi I think Ronaldo is the best by a long way , haven’t really seen Messi influence a game like Ronaldo .

avdave2

If I had a great squad of world class players already I’d choose Messi but if I had an average squad I’d choose Ronaldo.

warton
    Free Member

Ronaldo.

they both get paid to score goals. Ronaldo scores more (or at least he is doing at the moment)

there’s still a question over Messi’s ability to do it in big games. That can’t be said for Ronaldo.

Really? Maradona is the greatest player to have played the game, no one comes close.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Both awesome, I prefer watching Ronaldo though.

For true greatness, Ronaldo Il Fenomeno

theotherjonv

Maradona is the greatest player to have played the game, no one comes close.

There was a brazilian who folk used to say could play a bit……

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

haven’t really seen Messi influence a game like Ronaldo .

That now wins my nomination for idiotic drivel of the year.

loddrik
    Free Member

Pele don’t half talk some kind of shite nowadays.

Plus don’t Brazilians think Garrincha was better than pele, which from what I’ve seen and read he seemed to be. Though fortune wasn’t on his side.

warton
    Free Member

Maradona is the greatest player to have played the game, no one comes close.
    There was a brazilian who folk used to say could play a bit……

yep, but not close to Maradona. Maradona was vilified for his handball, and his ‘refuelling’. no one played the game like him, peoples judgement and memories get clouded. If he played today 5 opposition players a game would get sent off…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BgnbsgnBes[/video]

edhornby

a brazilian who could play

garrincha if you ask a Brazilian football fam

tiggs121
    Free Member

Both great – one plays with a smile on his face and the other looks like a spoiled child when things don’t go his way.

I reckon Ronaldo will edge it this year due to his goalscoring record – especially in big games.

As for the greatest ever – Pele, Maradonna or maybe even Zidane?

RichPenny
    Free Member

On the club stats, Messi is slightly better than Ronaldo in 4 of the last 5 years, with the other year pretty equal.

On the international stats, Messi again is slightly better, though Ronaldo has better Tournament stats.

On the pitch, I watch Ronaldo with admiration. I watch Messi with bewilderment. That for me is the difference.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ronaldo for me.

Best ever, just ask Pele. Geordie the Belfast boy.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

haven’t really seen Messi influence a game like Ronaldo .

That now wins my nomination for idiotic drivel of the year.

Opinions are like arse holes , everybody has on , just because mine doesn’t agree with yours hardly qualifies it for idiotic drivel of the year .
    Another opinion that you may well disagree with but George Best was IMO the greatest player ever . He was of an age when you couldn’t watch him every week on telly but he had unbelievable skill and I never saw him shut out of a game for 90 mins when he was in his pomp .Never appeared on the World Cup Stage so doesn’t get the recognition he deserved . I also was at the ground when he scored 6 goals for Man U in the FA cup against the mighty Northampton , Northampton supporter not Man U before you give me more abuse . 😀

eddie11
    Free Member

Beardsley

RichPenny
    Free Member

Palmer

theotherjonv

Maradona, best, even gazza (the best i’ve seen in the flesh) – why is there so often such a fine line between genius and madness?

eddie11
    Free Member

Or maybe letissier

loddrik
    Free Member

Oh bollox, Akinbiye, there I said it…

number18
    Free Member

Dean Gorre

mahul1999
    Free Member

Maradona – for being able to do anything in shorts that tight !

chewkw
    Free Member

Please don’t hype up football as we do not need to create more celebrities to worship.

They are just playing a game of football.

number18
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    Please don’t hype up football as we do not need to create more celebrities to worship.

They are just playing a game of football.

You can simplify anything in this way!

Nobby

Having seen both play ‘in the flesh’ I’d say Messi – even if the scoring record didn’t already show it. His general play off the ball is fantastic. His ability to drag opponents out of position, chasing down the ball and the way he orchestrates how his team mates play are all truly mesmerising.

His goal scoring is astounding, his assists figures stack up too & he does it all with a purity that shows how pointless it is to try & beat opponents with a load of step-overs & shimmies.

Add to that his apparent humility, the joy he plays with and the way he carries himself both on and off the pitch, IMHO, it all adds up to a greater player than Ronaldo.

The collection of Ballon D’ors in the trophy room at Camp Nou say it all. 🙂

Just a shame about the tax evasion……

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ is closed to new replies.