Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Messed up suntour fork sanctions advice needed.
  • mekon
    Free Member

Evening all, so ive got a ragley frame for my 11yr old son which ideally needs 130mm min travel forks. Happens I have a pair of suntour xcrs which are 130 but after taking the lowers off they are really (really) messed up. Rusted surface which has resulted in some pitts etc. Now these don’t take oil just grease so nothings going to leak out..leak in maybe yes. Cleaned them up, scratched bumps off…am I flogging a dead horse or do you reckon they’ll be right for a lad?

scaredypants

give it a go

coil sprung ? he may find them almost rigid

(if springs in both sides, you MAY be safe taking one out but I’m not qualified to advise 😳 )

mekon
    Free Member

Yes coil. Can’t afford to splash out on any air forks (or new coils for that matter) at the moment..but even then would his weight be enough to benefit from the suspension?

Will give it a go, not as if he’s going to be hammering down an alpine trail yet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonk
    Free Member

Loads of grease in there and take a spring out of one side. My missus has a set of Suntour XCM which rusted and pitted and they worked ok once i greased them to hell.

mekon
    Free Member

Cool, cheers chaps. Just ordered that stupid preload cap tool to do just that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Messed up suntour fork sanctions advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.