Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Messed up head
  • Scarcat67
    Free Member

I have been waking up with spinning brain, having panic attacks at work…..docs put me Buspar as I dont want to go back on SSRI’s as they flatlined me. Anyone out there riding on buspar and how long before things settledown….. when i currently ride it feels like everything is switched off until after an hour…..I have a horrible suspicion that as my sleep is not refreshing so i am actually depressed…..I lost my Dad in Oct and since then have withdrawn from social activities….emptying his flat in feb left me highly stressed and wired and I kept on exercising but was getting little benefit….feel stuck in a circle of stress/anxiety now….any tlps to resolve gratefully received..

footflaps

I have been there with severe anxiety, was down to about an hour’s sleep a night. Mine was caused by work related stress, in the end I walked out of my job and was unemployed for a while, but it wasn’t until I was prescribed Citalopram that things returned to normal.

You could try another SSRI, there are many different ones.

Have you tried CBT? Although in the case of severe anxiety / depression, people struggle to respond without antidepressants.

SaxonRider

I have little to add except that you have obviously done the right thing by recognising your difficulties and seeking help. There is no shame in suffering. Best of luck.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Spinning brain? You sure it’s not a vestibular disorder?

jekkyl

get some quality grass?

edhornby

.I lost my Dad in Oct and since then have withdrawn from social activities….

my genuine condolences; please don’t think I’m patronising here (really not) but this is a big deal and not just something that is expected of you to just shrug off, have you gone back to the prescriber of the meds and talked about this yet? anyone who can prescribe SSRIs should be considering other options alongside meds including therapy which shouldn’t be something to be feared

best of luck scarcat

spchantler
    Free Member

get some quality grass?

as someone who lived with a sufferer of cannabis psychosis, i hope thats a poor taste joke

McHamish
    Free Member

Friend of mine ended up sectioned because of cannabis psychosis, so probably not the best advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Messed up head’ is closed to new replies.