Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • A message from Our Glorious Leader has just arrived
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

by email.

“As part of our continuous improvement review, we have identified an opportunity to review the organisational placement of Payroll within our business and we have concluded that the potential for efficiencies when combining payroll with other administrative functions affords us an excellent opportunity to combine both functions and enhance our support. “

Right, then. 🙄

thegreatape
    Free Member

What they saying then?

binners

Everyone will be redundant within a month

nemesis
    Free Member

Woppit’s role may be redundant (I think)

IHN

“Firstly, we have signed a transformational outsourcing deal with xxxx which will deliver an increase to our cost synergies from the £112m per annum in 2013, which we will still hit on time, to £143m per annum by 2015. This deal de-risks the embedded value, contractualises the delivery of the cost synergies, and it de-risks the execution of our plans, allowing us to focus on the other opportunities we have as a business.”

I did not make that up.

m1kea
    Free Member

IHN

If I’ve understood that, does that translate as we’re going to pay £31million more to pass the buck and have someone else to blame? ❓

Or have I completely missed the mark?

cynic-al
    Free Member

They’ve seen Woppit’s internet use?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Thats pretty much how i read translate it too. i think.

allthegear
    Free Member

I sincerely hope that isn’t the actual text of the email, MrWoppit?

As this website is so well indexed by Google, and HR departments are known to check whether such texts end up on the internet, you really don’t want it associated with you.

Redundancy is better than instant dismissal…

Rachel

MrWoppit
    Free Member

My position is in about as much risk as Everest being blown away by a mouse fart.

taxi25
    Free Member

It just means some poor sod will have to do the payroll as well as all their other stuff 🙁

gordimhor

Mice tiny creatures but there s one born every 15 seconds. Is a mouse fart less powerful than sparrowfart

Sui
    Free Member

Why have they said there is an opportunity to review and then a few words later decide that they’ve concluded the review.

So what they’ve really said is;

We’ve reviewed organisational structure and concluded that Payroll will now be handled by X.

Then some tripe about how much betterer it will be.

edit, bollix what taxi said.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thats pretty much how i translate it too. i think.

I thought the opposite, they’re saving £112m in 2013 and saving £143m in 2014? I.e. whatever this outsourcing/change is saving them £31m per year, on top of £112m/year already (and it won’t impact schedule).

bruneep

Ahh so you are the sender.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They are combining Payroll with Janitorial Services and you will now be paid in toilet rolls and those little round blue things they put in urinals.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘A message from Our Glorious Leader has just arrived’ is closed to new replies.