Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Merseyside Police and their war against dangerous dogs
  • pgh1892
    Free Member

I was attacked by a dog whilst out riding recently which caused nasty wounds to my leg. I was urged to contact the police, which I did. Officer comes out takes a statement and says we’ll inform you of our progress.

Had a letter this morning…

” I am writing to inform you that at this stage of the enquiry, we have been unsuccessful in tracing the person(s) responsible for committing this crime and have filed the report as ‘undetected’. However should new evidence become available at some future date, we will contact you to inform you of any developments.

Just to clarify, I gave them the adress, I was even in the house!
    I gave the details of the lad with me, who wasnt contacted.

My fears were only allayed after reading the following article. Unfortunately however mine was outside the six week operation

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/10501129.Merseyside_Police_team_to_crackdown_on_irresponsible_dog_owners/

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Letter to the Chief Constable to complain?

wwaswas

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/contact-us/complaints-information.aspx

I’d go to the ipcc – detail all the information you gave with the initial crime report and the response received.

mt
    Free Member

complain about them and the next thing you know, some witness (an of duty rozzer) will claim he heard you call a policeman a pleb while you were on your bike.

CountZero

I was attacked by a dog whilst out riding recently which caused nasty wounds to my leg

Just to clarify, I gave them the adress, I was even in the house!

Eh? You were out riding, and you were in the house? Clarification is needed, there appears to be a slight discrepancy here.

totalshell

they ll be round on thursday witha crack investigation team of 100 lead by a judge and a chief constable from another force. in 18 months they ll publish a report that says there all guilty but innocent. you ll be stopped whist driving 63 times in the intervening time.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Eh? You were out riding, and you were in the house? Clarification is needed, there appears to be a slight discrepancy here.

Don`t you ever ride your bike in the house?

Me an the kids are currently doing a wall of death in our house ! Whaaaaheyy !!!

martinhutch

OP was bitten outside, then was taken into the house of the dog owner to be patched up. Thread last week.

That is really a crappy response by the police. Suggests that their arses would remain ‘undetected’ by a flashlight.

I suggest you ring up the officer for an explanation, and perhaps talk to his inspector.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Complain, I had the same letter after a road accident, I had the number plate and photos of the vehicle, kicked up a stink after receiving the we couldn’t be bothered letter and all was sorted.

oldboy
    Free Member

On a similar note, GF was smacked by former BF in a busy town centre while handing over her young child for a day with his father. CCTV everywhere, yet police claimed it didn’t show the incident. GF told me to stay out of it, but it makes me think the police couldn’t be ars**d.

loddrik
    Free Member

Dog operation??

Still countless idiots with pitbulls everywhere so it can’t have had much success…

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

“countless idiots with pitbulls” – Got to love a generalization.

loddrik
    Free Member

“countless idiots with pitbulls” – Got to love a generalization.

Erm no, being that I live in the target area and do a job that takes me all over the city every day I can say with some authority what sort of dogs people are ‘brandishing’. Drive up County Rd or Breck Rd on any given afternoon and I can assure you you won’t see many poodles…

ricardo666
    Free Member

I’d have to agree with loddrick on this one, riding to uni-land every day.

pingu66
    Free Member

Have to agree with loddrick, knowing those areas, Anfield Walton, Croxteth, Fazakerley, Kirkby, Noris Green. I think its a standard letter they send to everyone.

voodoo_chile

Plenty of them out and about in Liverpool … Shame the scallies have adopted these dogs as an accessory ,no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners

anagallis_arvensis

Doubt many actually are pitbulls or have any pitbull blood in them.

loddrik
    Free Member

I don’t. Quite a few red nosed types about, which has surprised me. Granted there are many ‘American bulldog’ types, but still a decent trade in pitbulls and part pitbulls around these parts. They haven’t disappeared.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Merseyside Police and their war against dangerous dogs’ is closed to new replies.