Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Merry Christmas
  • Olly
    Free Member

Not “Happy Christmas”
    or “Merry Xmas”
    or worst of all “Happy Xmas”

Its MERRY bloody CHRISTMAS.

since when has Christmas not been merry.
    Im not a fan of Christmas at all, but it winds me up none the less!

sc-xc

And a happy christmas to you too.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Jolly Winterval.

donsimon
    Free Member

Nadolig Llawen.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Happy Holidays…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

You have a lot of rage. Now is the time of year to hide it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Happy Xmas & Merry New Year to you! 😆

Shouldn’t it be season greetings?

IMO South Park is right in explaining the origin of Xmas … The story started with Santa’s intention to give season greetings to the middle east esp Iraq but he got kidnapped & tortured in the process, so Jesus came to his rescue but in the process got himself killed by hail of bullets from AK47. Santa was saved and returned home to South Park and in order to honour the courage of Jesus, Santa name the festive season as Christ-mas. From that day on 25th Dec will be the day to celebrate Chirst-mas. The End.

:mrgreen:

p/s: Gleðileg Jól.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Jolly Winterval

For once I’m with Woppit on this one. I know the Daily Fail brigade get all uppity with ‘local councils banning Christmas in case it offends Muslims etc’ crap at this time of year, but it was the Christians who hijacked the traditional winter festival, so I think calling it Winter Festival or Winterval is more appropriate.

Was served by a lovely Muslim lass Waitrose, who wished me a Happy Christmas and New Year. Made me feel proud to be British, in a weird way!

Yeah, why can’t we have a non-denominational festival? If people want to go to church and that, then fine. I’ve no problem with that. But why can’t we all, as a Society, have something to celebrate together?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I buy my morning paper from a young Asian chap at the shop every morning. I’ll be there at 07:30 tomorrow as usual & will wish him ‘Merry Christmas’ – i don’t think he’ll be offended….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I haven’t yet decided whether or not to be offended this year. Been thinking about it though.

Had to complain about a nasty doorbell type chime thing in Robert Dyas earlier; set to play Xmas choons on a loop. The salesgirl was well pleased, as a customer complaining meant they could finally turn the infernal thing off. Din’t give any money to the flautists doing cheesy carols either. Just gets on me nerves. If they did ‘Enter Sandman’ I might have given them a quid.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Heard a bloke doing ‘silent night’ on a mouth organ last week! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Merry Christmas’ is closed to new replies.