• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by dc11.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Merlin PR7 Sizing
  • dc11
    Free Member

I’m contemplating pressing the button on the new 2016 Merlin PR7 as a means to giving road cycling another go. For the money (£315 with current 10% discount) it seems a pretty well specced entry-level bike.

However, I’m a little unsure as to what size would be best for me, 50cm or 53cm? This has been made even more confusing having been told both were the ‘correct size’ from 2 different Merlin employees, one via phone, and another via email.

For reference I’m 5’6″ with a 30/31″ inseam and currently ride a small Cotic Soul.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

dc11
    Free Member

Anyone?

dc11
    Free Member

Does nobody have any experience of Merlin’s sizing?

I had hoped to pop over this weekend and throw a leg over a couple, but unfortunately they have neither a 50cm or 53cm built up.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

If you’re within visiting distance of the shop, get them to measure you up and buy the size they recommend. When it’s built and ready for collection, get them to set it up for you and take it for a ride around the car park. If it’s clearly too small/big, swap for the correct size – have you asked them if this is an option?

Buying a road bike online without knowing if its the right size is pure folly. In this instance, can’t you just approach as if it were an LBS?

dc11
    Free Member

Tallpaul – Member
    If you’re within visiting distance of the shop, get them to measure you up and buy the size they recommend. When it’s built and ready for collection, get them to set it up for you and take it for a ride around the car park. If it’s clearly too small/big, swap for the correct size – have you asked them if this is an option?

We did discuss this option briefly, the problem being they have a backlog on bike builds at the moment so realistically I’d be looking at almost 2 weeks, then another wait if the size turns out to be uncomfortable.

I think I’ll try to pop over and see them Saturday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Merlin PR7 Sizing’ is closed to new replies.