Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Merlin pass –
  • alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Looking to buy 3 Merlin passes. Is it worth paying for the premium version or just the standard version.
    Are they not worth the money.
    Anybody use them?

takisawa2

Yes, & usually on offer this time of year. 🙂
    We had loads of use out of ours, made up the cost many times over.
    Legoland, Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, but mainly Legoland.
    As regards the premium ones, just buy one of them so you get the free parking with that one.

MoreCashThanDash

Only you will know if you are close enough or willing to travel to get your moneys worth out of the venues.

We’ve never bothered – our kids are Lego nuts but not into the other attractions (now aged 10 and 7). We have got Legoland annual passes every couple of years and then travelled down 2-3 times a year (we are near Derby) to make a few days use of it, then left it a couple of years while they grow and change what they want to do before going back.

Oh yes, passes via Tesco clubcard points, accommodation booked at Travel Lodge in central Windsor months in advance to get cheap rates…

cchris2lou

We bought them this time last year at 50% off. Used them a lot. Not sure if we are going to renew as they have changed them for this year and you get less. Check on their website.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Cool thanks for the 1 premium tip.
    We live in reading and our 3 year old loves legoland. So I guess it makes sense to buy them.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

New question.
    As only premium cards can be used in August does the standard card holder have to pay full entry price when visiting with a premium holder?

Chris.H
    Free Member

I seem to recall that the premium holder can buy discounted tickets for entry in August, I think the discount is 20%.

We live close to Alton Towers and only have 1 premium and 3 standard, so the restrictions in London don’t really bother us as we can still go to the ones near us.

Just looking at the website, they are very well priced at the moment, I’ve never seen them that cheap!

Cougar

Popped up on MSE today, this.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/merlin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Merlin pass –’ is closed to new replies.