Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Merlin have sent my RS 2010 Revs to Rockshox to be inspected….2 questions.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

1) Who would they be getting sent to?

2) Does anyone have any experience of turnaround times if they have had forks returned to the answer of 1) for warranty repair?

Times like this I wish I had 2 bikes 🙁

argyle
    Free Member

Fishers

Few days

nodrog2
    Free Member

Fishers

Few days depending on problem

Fluff66
    Free Member

1) Fisher Outdoor I would have thought

2) Don't know

hora
    Free Member

How long have you had them?
    What were the symptoms?
    It can take upto a couple of weeks especially as its peak 'riding season' at the moment.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fishers

Cheers.

Few days depending on problem

Problem with stiff MoCo, lockout was notchy/stiff and wouldn't return on poploc release, so imagine they will just swap in a new assembly. Fingers crossed for a few days then.

How long have you had them?

Since July, so not long.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Hmm. Mate bought some 2010 Revs from Merlin and has had similar problems. They've been back once, 'fixed' and now are starting to play up again. As I say, Hmm………….. 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

toxic Merlin only sell them they dont make them.
    OP this means Merlin are checking to see if it is a warranty issue or user issue with the people who make them /import them.

hora
    Free Member

Aye not Merlins fault however if you really do want to ride next weekend I'd recommend buying a set of used forks asap that you can hang onto and possibly sell on afterwards for the same money.

I wouldn't touch RS's. Funnily the Fox36's I picked up are faultless compared.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

sram have been really good with stuff i've had warrantied. pretty quick turn around and no questions asked replacement.

fox on the other hand…

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

My 2010 revs went back to Fishers via CRC and it took two weeks for them to be repaired. Well i say repaired when i actually mean they came back worse than when i sent them back!

I live in Oz so not forks for 8 weeks now, good lesson in buying locally and coping the extra cost!

peachos
    Free Member

fisher were working on a 6 day turnaround recently.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Junkyard – Really? Gosh! Crikey!!

OP – I was just wondering if they'd got a duff batch. As I said, Hmm……

letmetalktomark

Mine took bloody ages to return from Fishers – circa two & half weeks.

Outcome was very positive as they replaced my forks with the latest version 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Merlin have sent my RS 2010 Revs to Rockshox to be inspected….2 questions.’ is closed to new replies.