Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Merlin Cycles – Super fast delivery…..
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I ordered an 11 speed freehub for my Pro 2’s on Friday afternoon.

It was dispatched at 2:52pm & arrived on Saturday morning.

Delighted.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Must use Merlin more

Are they generally decent on pricing?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I could only find 2 places online that had the bit I needed.

It was nearly £8 cheaper with Merlin.

markshires
    Free Member

I agree the delivery is super quick I’ve ordered stuff a few times from them, and it always arrives the next day.

scandal42
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff from on one the other day and it arrived less Tha 24 hours later using free post

breadcrumb

I’ve always found Merlin to be the quickest at getting stuff out the door.

Helpful on the phone too.

iainc

I ordered some stuff from CRC at 1310 on Saturday there and it arrived in the post at 9 this morning, seriously impressed for a weekend order.

cp

Merlin are great, not the huge range of some other online retailers, but generally cheapest or thereabouts and what they do, they do very very well. They are my go-to retailer.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Same with Stif, ordered a pair of gloves at 3pm and they came at 10am next day

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Merlin is awesome, always use them.. I just wish they have all the range of products like CRC

peteimpreza

Who is the courier? They do the delivery not Merlin.

markshires
    Free Member

My orders have always come standard Royal mail post. So based on other deliveries from the royal mail I believe it is not all down to just the courier.

tomd
    Free Member

Always found their delivery really quick
    Also had to warranty two rockshox things via them and the backup was great.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup Merlin are quick and great customer service as well. As above, if they had a wider range of products I think they would be my go-to retailer

Just for balance I bought some bits from CRC on Friday evening, they were despatched on Sat and delivered yesterday via RM so pretty good.

And coming up on the outside is Tweeks Cycles same day despatch and delivered in a day or two

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Merlin is awesome, always use them.. I just wish they have all the range of products like CRC

this.

EDIT. dare i say that evans are also very good / cheap / fast (it’s just the stores that aren’t up to much).

chakaping
    Free Member

They are located a stone’s throw from a huge RM depot, so they deserve credit for choosing that spot.

Not all the firms who use RM have the same rapid dispatch and delivery.

BoardinBob

Merlin are awesome.

On the other hand I ordered £200 worth of in-stock stuff yesterday morning from CRC and paid a fiver for next day delivery and it was only despatched this morning. 😡

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Cant complain ever about Merlins. Had issues with some tyres, swopped them, no quibble, although my account says its small fish to what i have spent with them over time. I think that if they extended their range of stuff, they may get too big for their boots like CR have. Sometimes I have waited 10 days for confirmation of posting stuff from C.R , as they waited for one item to come it. Usually I have had stuff within 4 to 5 days , altough recently i had it in 2 days. Bit of a mish mash of times with CR and cant trust them for a reliable delivery, unlike Merlin.

bland

They are located a stone’s throw from a huge RM depot, so they deserve credit for choosing that spot.

Not all the firms who use RM have the same rapid dispatch and delivery.

Unlike CRC who are the Royal Mail Depot!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I know it’s Royal Mail that do the delivering.

Merlin’s efficiency in picking items, packaging them up & getting them to the depot is where I think they deserve credit.

Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Merlin Cycles – Super fast delivery…..’ is closed to new replies.