Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Merlin Cycles – recommended
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Thought I’d make sure I gave Merlin their due. I posted my Rebas back to them a week back as the seals had gone. Wasn’t expecting much from them as they were a bit over a year old and although I’d looked after them, seals are one of those things that most places will say are fair wear and tear.

Merlin said more or less the same. Then they gave me a price to fix them and post them back cheaper than I can get the seals for. Whilst I’d have loved to get them done free, I was half expecting them to tell me to sod off and give me the “80 quid posted to sort them out” line I’d got when I called various shops for a service. Bloke at the other end of the phone even promised they’d be with me in good time for the weekend.

Summary – their stuff is cheap, their customer service is good and they do actually give a crap about getting you riding again. Give them your money.

sofatester
    Free Member

+1

tangobravo
    Free Member

10 min job to change them

There is a good reason TF is a huge shiny plush warehouse…

foxyrider
    Free Member

yup Merlin I have found a good and thing turn up when they are supposed to – wish they carried more stock like CRC then would buy more from them! Some people are not confident with changing seals and the like IMHO – so they got a good result in the end maybe?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

tangobravo – Member

There is a good reason TF is a huge shiny plush warehouse…

Eh?

soma_rich
    Free Member

They have always been very good. I had wheels from them that lasted years.

I usually forget about them though as they do not seem to stock the bits I want.

atlaz
    Free Member

Like I said, done and posted back for less than I can even get the parts for. Whilst I’m strange, I’m not so dumb as to pay more and then do the work myself 🙂

DoctorRad
    Free Member

They have always been very good. I had wheels from them that lasted years.

Don’t know what their wheelbuilding was like as I always tweaked them myself, but back in the day they would sell you complete wheels for less than the cost of the parts elsewhere. Want brass nipples on your extra light spokes? No problem. Recommended.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for their wheels here, and service in general.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Merlin Cycles – recommended’ is closed to new replies.