Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Merlin Cycles = Fantastic
  • dogbert
    Free Member

I could go on and on about the online store I ordered a chainset from last year that took 5 weeks to arrive because they never told me it was out of stock but did take my money straight away……..

However, I ordered a new cassette and chain from Merlin on Wednesday at 10:35pm. They arrived yesterday morning before 12pm, with free delivery and an online discount. Cheapest price I could find too…….brilliant!

That is all 😀

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I ordered chain yesterday morning that arrived today. Really quick service!

zimbo
    Free Member

They are by far and away the best. Website descriptions of items are a bit sparse sometimes, but in terms of knowing stuff’s in stock, prices and speed of delivery you can’t beat them.

ska-49
    Free Member

Merlins been great! They built my wheelset and got it sent to me within 5 days. Also had the most options, cheapest price and (from experience) great wheel builders.

(Sounds like tweekcycles. Took my money and took them three weeks just to let me know that the distributor has runout. Long time to reply to emails and refund the money)

funkrodent

Can’t praise Merlin highly enough. Sent out new forks and groupset within 24 hrs. Advised me at length about various frames and though I eventually bought frame elsewhere, they built it up for me, along with a new set of wheels, and turned it round within 5 days. Unlike some of their competitors, they’re always available on the phone and they’re approachable, knowledgeable and amiable. Dan in particular went out of his way to help, but all of the team that I dealt with were great. It was a real pleasure buying from them and I’ll be using them again and again for sure.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Thumbs up from me too, bought some Shimano boots from them a while back cheaper than anyone else and arrivd VERY quickly. Always good to deal with them.

Skyliner
    Free Member

Merlin = This long Weekend on Bike!!
    New Pro2 pawls and springs ordered very late on Thursday night, arrived this morning signed for. Very Happy indeed!

wrecker
    Free Member

Merlin must be the best for online shopping, good prices, prompt delivery and fair service (unlike CRC)
    My experience when buying a bike was a bit different to funk rodents though, they were a bit uninterested verging on surly. I put this down to them being northern, but in reality I probably expected too much of an online shop.

will
    Free Member

100% agree, great shop and service!

Murr
    Free Member

yip great service from Merlin and also Ribble have been very good on delivery .

bramblerash
    Free Member

always had great service and quick free delivery from merlin, ordered new cranks late thursday night and recieved them this morning. ordered something else from another online retailer at the same time and not even received a dispatch email yet!

Junkyard
    Free Member

great lads and they are all cyclists as well so know their onions
    its my LBS so no comment re delivery etc

old_mtber
    Free Member

On the strength of all the nice comments above I’ve just ordered some handbuilt wheels from Merlin!

GJP
    Free Member

I think my only gripe is that you can’t save your card details on their site, so no 1-click payment, or is that just me being a muppet. However, in hindsight that may be a good thing 😆

They did just send me the wrong Uitegra brakes, grey rather than silver, but that might also be me being a muppet. But all in all I think their service has improved in the last 12 months and it was was pretty shit hot to begin with.

Most certainly always my first point of call.

footflaps

I spend far more with them than with Wiggles & CRC – the best online store I’ve found so far.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I bought a cove stiffee from merlin about 4years ago..top service,nice people to deal with. Went through every little detail of the build too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Merlin Cycles = Fantastic’ is closed to new replies.