Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Merlin Cycles are ace !
  • chris23
    Free Member

Ordered some parts on sunday night, ticked free post option. Parcel was sent special next day del, and had it in my hands on tuesday 😀

First chance to post my thoughs.

Chase
    Free Member

Yep. Never had a problem with Merlin. Ordered a 2010 deore V Brake set (front/rear and levers) on sunday evening – arrived tuesday morning. They even threw in the cables which weren't supposed to be included, all for £25. TBH I don't know how they did it so cheap. The very same items on CRC would've cost £72.

clunker

Always done a good job for me too 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fubar
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles are ace !

I disagree

falkirk-mark

they have always gave me good service.

glenncampbell

Always done a great job for me – never a problem and always very quick despatch. Top!

abductee
    Free Member

I have not ordered anything from them since they cancelled my order due to the visa verify / MasterCard SecureCode

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/27/3d-insecure/

big-chief-96
    Free Member

i have to say merlin cycles are very good but i have had the same service with crc

4ndyB
    Free Member

Just wait until you have to deal with them about a warranty issue.

They are not good in this respect IME

Snapped a Sram X9 rear mech @ the B knuckle, a common fault on some X9 rear mechs

Was told that Sram rear mechs have a 1 year warranty, it's a 2 year warranty

Was told to send it to Sram, who when contacted said, er no, back to Merlin (which I knew was the case anyway)

Was eventually given a medium cage version instead of the long cage one that snapped at the B knuckle. (medium cage is cheaper than long cage, go figure…)

Took over a month to sort out.

zaskar
    Free Member

I ordered some racing wheels with light weight spokes.

On first test around the block (on paving@walking speed) the rear wheel twanged and threr spokes snapped.

Called them up, posted back-they reckoned it was a branch or my rear mech (insulted!) but they rebuilt my wheel at no extra cost.

My downhill wheels are still true from 2001 from them. They've never mucked my normal bits order up yet either.

I would deffo buy back.

But then again some of you guys swear by Spa cycles and I found absolutley hell/sh*t to deal with. Good and bad varies with shops and customers.

fubar
    Free Member

Just wait until you have to deal with them about a warranty issue.
    They are not good in this respect IME

Similar issues…they had / have a habit of passing failures / warranty issues onto suppliers…I've steered clear since.

Called them up, posted back-they reckoned it was a branch or my rear mech (insulted!)

Yep…made me feel like a liar and told me I'd caused the problem

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Merlin Cycles are ace !’ is closed to new replies.