Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Merlin cycles pulling a fast con be cautious
  • nickdavies

Three pages, can someone just summarize it all into one big picture then I won’t need to bother deciphering this special language called english

Just read it, you’ll easily be swept along by the currant…

😆

teethgrinder

Three pages, can someone just summarize it all into one big picture then I won’t need to bother deciphering this special language called english

scaredypants

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Weasel
    Free Member

I bet they are discussing this on Mumsnet already.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Thats wrong that is. Ive got some raisins here and that aint no picture of a dried grape on the packet. Its a picture of a raisin. Dried grapes indeed…. Occam’s razor!

aracer
    Free Member

with shops if all you can see is a picture then the picture should be what you get.

Yet Merlin sent you a disc rotor – I can see why you’re upset. If none of the pictures in this thread are any good to you, let me know your e-mail address and I’ll send you one. Only £10 and I’ll even let you have a picture of an XTR one for that.

benji
    Free Member

I bought some raisins from an arab once, he claimed they were the sultanas of brunei.

leffeboy

I hope there was a picture of said brown eye

user-removed
    Free Member

This thread is fast becoming my raison d’etre…

forzafkawi
    Free Member

That guy who makes his own raisins, does he have a spotted dick?

crosshair
    Free Member

If I can be serious for a second, OP- I recommend sending them back and ordering some new ones from here Dave Hinde

😀

stumpy01

I love Merlin even more after this thread. The pictorial explanations are excellent.

Oh, and FWIW I find Merlin give the best explanations out there as to what you are our aren’t getting.

Houns

Op is the reason why food manufacturers have to write ‘serving suggestion’ on all their packaging and why bags of nuts and raisins have the warnings of ‘may contain nuts’

Bless

Edited to keep in line with the dried fruit

tenfoot

I think the forum should be labelled “contains nuts”

proutster
    Free Member

Jamie is the nuts!

birdage

What was the question again?

bland

I notice you have 3 stems, all USE for sale, was that purchase also confusing for you?

I have two warped xt rotors as shown in the picture, I’ll do you a deal on them!

ste_t
    Free Member

The sheer stupidity of this thread is astounding.

I could go on, but the words would just be too confusing without pictures.

jkomo

I’m off to Merlin to look at pictures of things.
    In real life, I am.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Be careful they will come after you

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OP, for you own sake don’t shop in Ikea US either:

You’re bound to be disappointed.

simmy
    Free Member

The OP must have ordered previously from Merlin to get the E Mail so wonder if that was right ?

Merlin’s website is one of the clearest around, hope they see this thread and take him off the mailing list.

simmy
    Free Member

Oh and don’t get on the bus hoping to get some tea bags as it says brook bond on the back

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to see the cutbacks on education haven’t made any difference

RustySpanner

‘It says sausages up there…’

composite
    Free Member

Currantly a contender for thread of the year.

danrandon
    Free Member

Just read this and cannot believe the op is this stupid. Anyway I seem to have found a childhood picture of the op.

Ever get the feeling natural selection doesn’t work sometimes.

badbob
    Free Member

what size rotor for 650B?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This is wrong place to ask.

Toymotor thought he’d ordered a 650B for the price of a discontinued 26″ anyhoo.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Tell me this is some kind of a wind up thread,please ?!?

plus-one

Cheered me up no end this thread 🙂 🙂 Please keep baiting/character assassination coming 🙂 Err I mean informed
    Buying advice !!

Jamie
    Free Member

Tell me this is some kind of a wind up thread,please ?!?

This is some kind of wind up thread.

nwill1
    Free Member

I can empathise with the OP….I once brought a new bed online, I was really angry when the hot girl in the photo never came with it!!!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I have nothing of interest to add. But I feel it’s a good time to tell the OP that I’ve got a brand new 160/180
    Xt centrelock disks for half the Merlin price. I’ll even send you a pic if you don’t believe me.

crankrider
    Free Member

This made my morning!

This thread needs to be deleted or the title changed though as Merlin could still get bad press because of somebody who cant be bothered to read, but can be bothered to start a full paragraph of rant/bs!

belugabob
    Free Member

So, @toymotor, you see a TV advert for a car then decide to order one.
    Would you expect to get one exactly like the one in the advert, despite asking for the one with left hand drive, automatic, convertible, day-glo orange paintwork, clockwork engine, and zebra print upholstery?

Did you really think that all ten items listed look exactly the same as each other?

May I suggest you surrender your internet licence (you’ve probably got more than 12 points on it by now)

mrblobby
    Free Member

“Paragraph” would imply there was some sort of structure, cohesion and adherence to basic rules of grammar in what he had written. Though, yes, if he’d have put as much effort into ordering as he’d put into posting then he wouldn’t be suffering this pain (aux raisins.)

maxlite
    Free Member

This is brilliant, so the line is don’t read the small print.

WYSIWYG or not get in this case 😯

philfive
    Free Member

This is gold.

compositepro
    Free Member

merlin replied with the pictures for illustration purposes only which isn’t on the screen anywhere or in the basket

At least you got a polite and not the draft message they probably really had to stop themselves sending

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Merlin cycles pulling a fast con be cautious’ is closed to new replies.