Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MerinoBaseLayersTrackWorld
  • mrchrispy

I bought 3 Howies merino base layers in the Manchester popup stop many many moons ago, they have served me well, very well and i pretty much wear one everyday on the commute. awesome kit.

However, they are now starting to show their age and seem to be stretching out a bit. Now I never tumble dry them incase they shrink but I’m thinking maybe this is exactly what I need to do so they get a second lease of life.

yes/no/maybe?

If its anything like my planet x merino socks the fact the washing machine is in the same room as the tumble dryer seems to be enough to pixiefy them.

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe they’ve just worn out and you should buy some more?

mrchrispy

I am slowly facing up to that option but they were only a tenner each and new ones are around 50. I have a psychological barrier to overcome 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

It might work – try it.

I bought a pair of merino underwear tights in XL for about £5. One hot wash later they fit perfectly 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Tumble dry one and post before and after photos to help us advise you?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Go to the laundromat where they have those big tumble dryers. Wash the base layer, then put it on wet. Insert money in tumble dryer and climb inside (you may need a friend to start it for you).

Hey presto, about 30 minutes later you will have a form fitting base layer.

DezB
    Free Member

new ones are around 50

Not at SportPursuit they’re not. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Oops

mrchrispy

right the mustard yellow top is going blaze a trail this weekend.
    we’ll see how it goes. worst case it the wife gets a nice ‘new’ base layer 😐

Suggsey
    Free Member

The Howies merino from years ago does tumble dry anyway on a low heat….not sure about their more up to date stuff. As for other makers of merino in my exoerience the vast majority of manufacturers does not tumble under any circumstances!
    I am a serial label reader prior to purchase of such items to see if they do tumble dry 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MerinoBaseLayersTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.