Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Merino – what powder/fluid brand do you wash yours in?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have been using 'Persil wool and silk' – wondering what other people are using sucessfully. I find 30 degrees is too low so tend to use 40 with the persil.

druidh
    Free Member

Whatever the rest of the wash is going in. I just bang it in with everything else and it's fine.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Normal powder here

Dave
    Free Member

Whatevers cheap non bio

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

don't bother washing it 🙂

epicyclo

Persil +1

simon_g

Persil non-bio with everything else at 30.

Good merino (icebreaker, howies, etc) doesn't need any special treatement IME.

Daveb575
    Free Member

Normal non-bio, once a year whether it needs it or not 😉

willard

Fairy non-bio at 30 degrees. Comes out lovely.

atlaz
    Free Member

Whatever my wife wants to wash it at. Otherwise I can wash it myself and frankly, if she's prepared to do that work for me, I'm not going to argue with the implementation.

miketually
    Free Member

The only thing I avoid is putting it in with anything with velcro on it, after putting some holes in the hem of my Howies merino top.

Even my Swobo "most shrinkingest merino ever" top has been fine.

cp

persil non bio small and mighty liquid, along with whatever else is going in the machine on a 40deg wash.

one of the few detergents that leaves me non-itchy!

voodoo-rich

Nice gentle Ecover for all my bike kit (incl the merino). Not much use on whites, but my kit's all rufty-tufty manly colours anyway so no worries there.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

ecover for expensive and fancy bike kit. Can't trust mrs to wash it as she has form for several wool jumpers coming out of the machine like felt and the right size for my 2 week old daughter!

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I washed some sealskinz marino liner socks in with my icebreaker stuff. Icebreaker is fine, but for some reason the liner socks are now half the size they were. Shame as they were new and I was really pleased with them 🙁

whyter

soap flakes for me.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Normal Persil non-bio at 30 degrees like all cycling kit, never had a problem.

DezB
    Free Member

Fairy non-bio at 30 degrees. Comes out lovely.

Me too.

and I like my Merino so much I've just ordered another.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Ecover @ 40C on synthetics wash along with rest of biking kit.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Ecover wool wash & fab. conditioner @ 30C for all my merino clothing.

Philby

Sainsburys Non-bio at 30C with all the other non-whites.

slimtubing
    Free Member

same as the majority of the above, however having flogged Icebreaker for years I adhere to the advice of the sales team, No conditioner!

woodsman
    Free Member

'Woolite' it was the first wool washing stuff on the shelf. Works well at 30, and smells subtle and super nice! 🙂

Using on super shrinky Swobo too, I allways order a size up it that brand – real nice stuff though.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Merino – what powder/fluid brand do you wash yours in?’ is closed to new replies.