Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Merino socks- any deals about at the moment?
  • Ambrose

Brrr- chilly feet aren’t my favorite. Has anyone spotted any offers worth looking at? Thanks in advance, Ambrose.

vincienup
    Free Member

On One Thicky Merino… about a tenner for three pairs?

Paradiso
    Free Member

Ulvang socks are great. Do a search on Ebay. Seller is marko200810. Sold as “seconds”, but I’ve never noticed. Seem to only have small sizes at the moment, but do get new stock regularly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    devs
    Free Member

2nd the ulvang socks. Hoping they get big stock in again soon.

Ambrose

Cheers folks- on one have my cash now. Those Ulvang deals look great. I hope that larger sizes come in soon too.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Have the on-one ones and the ulvang ones but have found they don’t hold a candle to the smartwool socks!

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve found the 0-0’s too small, too tight and don’t come up you’re ankle enough – fail

Fudge – which smartwool’s would you recommend?? Cheers

marvin123
    Free Member

TK Maxx might be worth a try if you have one close by, I bought a few pairs of Teko merino socks in my local yesterday.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Go Outdoors Swansea had 3 for 2 before Christmas – bought some nice Bridgedale thinish socks which are toasty inmy winter mtb boots.

j40aja
    Free Member

I can’t fault De-Feet Woolie Boolie.

Here for £9.09:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/defeet-woolie-boolie-2-4-cuff-socks/

Bimbler
    Free Member

More for hiking really but I live in Costco (Kirkland) merino socks for 5 months a year, entrepreneurs make sure they’re available on Amazon and eBay for a premium

asbrooks

My local Levis store sell urban cycle-wear, They have super thin merino wool socks. I am able to get two pairs into my shoes without it feeling too tight. I’ve just bought some bamboo socks that I’m gonna try when I get over my chesty cough.
    Also you might want to try some foot warmers from Decathlon.
    Foot warmers
    My feet are nice and toasty when it gets cold.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Look for calf length phd rrp is £21.99 but in tkmaxx they are £6.99

My son works there at weekends so email your size I’ll send you a pair at cost if there are any in today

MoreCashThanDash

bimpler +1 for Costco/Kirkland socks

hainman
    Free Member

+1 for the Smartwool ones,I have a pair of 85% merino and they are amazing,& quid out Tk Maxx but are bloody expensive to buy online,
    Costco Kirkland one are a good second,75% merino and only 10 quid for 4 pairs

Sundayjumper

+1 for the Costco/Kirkland socks. I’ve not actually worn them on the bike but I’ve been wearing them for dog walking all winter and they’ve been great.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Just been into Go Outdoors and bought a pair of Northwave merino wool 4 season walking sock for £8 reduced

Nice and stretchy and very warm

Might want to wear them for best now though 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Only issue with ulvangs I find are they are super thick, so I wear them as boot socks for work. The thinner merino socks are better IMO Planet x deals good.

tomtomthepipersson

I use these Bridgedale one: linky

They last much better than On-one and De-Feet ones (the former seem to rip at the heel, the latter get thread-bare on the sole far too quickly). And they’re pretty toasty.

Ambrose

The on one ones arrived today- super toasty so far in my slippers in my centrally heated house!

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep, Costco merino socks are great..

bobbyspangles

Costco merino for my cosy toes.

I have been using Woolie Boolies for the past 3 years and thought I would try out the Costco packs. I would happily reccommend then to anyone with cold feet.

Ok the styling is not bike, nor is it logo’d up but they work.

nedrapier

I’ve got a few pairs of the £16 > £8 bridgedale ones from costwolds, some were cosmetic seconds for £6.

Short, so don’t look silly on a bike. Nice and toasty. Can’t comment on durability as they’ve not had more than one wash.

philwarren11
    Free Member

I picked up some Helly Hansen merino walking socks at my local Macarthur Glen (Bridgend) last week, 4 pairs for 12 quid. Seem to do the job.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 On One

Used to use woollie boollies but they are too thick for me these days.

Rapha winter are good too but, again, a tad thick so I save those for really cold days.

Anyone have a link to either the Kirklands or Smartwools?

bobbyspangles

Linky

Although they seem to be lower priced in store? Correct me if I am wrong.

timc
    Free Member

Kirkland ones look good except for the colour, Any similar but black / Dark Grey / Dark Blue recommendations?

mrchrispy

+1 for On One Thicky Merino… get large and dont touch the thin ones…mind shrunk at the suggestion of the washing machine.
    the kids have them now!

singletracksurfer

ditto mrchrispy,

On One Thicky Merino NOT the thin ones which shrink to various sizes. Grrrr

gringo

De Feet Woolie Boolies for are my go to sock when it’s cold. They are great!

bonesetter
    Free Member

Yeah my thinnies shrank and are totally useless now

Another On-One Fail

reggiegasket
    Free Member

ta bobby.

Which smartwools? – there are hundreds of them….

fudge9202
    Free Member

Smartwool phd ski calf length, medium cushion £6.99 in tkmaxx
    Best socks that I’ve tried

jimmy

Ulvang PSA on SportPursuit.com. If you’re not already a member here’s my invite – you don’t have to use this!

http://www.sportpursuit.com

Ambrose

Cheers Jimmy 🙂

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some bamboo socks that I’m gonna try when I get over my chesty cough.

😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Merino socks- any deals about at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.