Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Merino Base Layers?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m looking for a couple of new merino Base Layers as my current ones are past their best and probably need thrown out!

Which ones do people recommend?
    I’m looking for something decent quality but preferably a bit cheaper than the Howies ones.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

icebreaker are good, but can be pricey. Sale just appeared on sportpursuit though!

I have some devold tee’s and long arm….lasted for 2 years so far. I wear the long one everyday in winter and the tee every day in summer to cycle to work and back, so far so good.

dumbbot
    Free Member
    aldo56
    Free Member

I’ve never really got on well with merino base layers. Get sweaty then stay damp all day? Nice to wear around the house though.

nickc

The Endura ones are pretty good. BaaBaa?

not sure they’re really great for mountain biking though, bit too sweaty, but perfect for hiking in the hills

P-Jay
    Free Member

Love my Howies ones – I’ve had them years now.

binners

They’ve got them in Aldi at the moment

They’re great for the money. Go a size up on your normal, as they tend to shrink slightly on the first wash

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I agree with the negatives but they’re great if you’re skinny, it’s really cold or wear only a thin shell over it though (I’m only 2 out of 3 :cake: )

Can’t recommend my On-One though, it’s fine as a baselayer, but it was full of holes after just a few washes.

oldejeans
    Free Member

icebreaker >>>> baabaa in terms of fit, smell and comfort

baabaa is a bit warmer though

iainc

I have a couple of the Howies ones which have lasted for ages and don’t shrink. I bought into the whole merino being the wonderstuff bandwagon 7 or 8 yrs ago but after a winter of sweaty damp wool I went to Craft and similar baselayers, which IMO perform much better on the bike. Still enjoy the Howies and Icebreaker ones for less energetic stuff and lounging around in the house !

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I found the Endura ones slightly too warm for riding, but I am a tad chunky and sweaty. The Howies ones are well worth the investment, after two year’s use it still feels and looks like it did when I first bought it.

medoramas
    Free Member

Aldi!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

All the merino kit that went for sale at Aldi yesterday looked great, bought one piece of most item types excluding the headband (went beanie instead).

Typed while wearing the Aldi mid layer merino bought yesterday. 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Merino Base Layers?’ is closed to new replies.