Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Merida Matts 40-D Stolen In Nottingham
  • haydenw
    Free Member

Hi guys.

Last night i had my Merdia Matts 40-D stolen from my garage in Nottingham.

The cut through a padlock to get into the garage and cut through the lock securing the bike in the garage.

I know it’s a long shot but if anyone spots it please can you let me know. – I only got the thing last Wednesday!

Cheers,

Hayden.

spacecadett
    Free Member

Oh dear. I am in Notts & will keep an eye out. Good luck.

haydenw
    Free Member

Cheers spacecadett.

alexpalacefan

Notts here too, will keep ’em pealed.

Whereabouts are you?

APF

haydenw
    Free Member

The Meadows… say no more i guess.

marsy8493
    Free Member

Hayden,will keep an eye out on the precinct. Get to see alot of folk up and down on various bikes.

dirtydog
    Free Member

I only got the thing last Wednesday!

So not a lot of people would know you had it!

Sounds like someone who knows you or maybe it was just incredibly bad luck! 😕

haydenw
    Free Member

Think someone saw me putting it away last Friday when i took it out for a spin.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Down in Beeston, and UP, will keep an eye out.

haydenw
    Free Member

Cheers Paddy.

Lakes_Puma

Sorry to hear about your loss, it’s frightening the number of reported thefts on this site.

how did they cut through the locks, was it a hacksaw or croppers?

Do you think there was anything you could have done to stop them, bigger better lock etc?

Questions for the benefit of this not happening to someone else.

Thanks

mysterymove
    Free Member

I’m local will keep my eyes peeled…

This is a frightening amount of theft in the Nottingham area. A friend who lives in Ruddington was followed home the other night with the bike on the roof of his car, as in he drove round the village past his house because he thought something was odd – he lost them but they turned up outside his house when he got back. He got home to find his elderly neighbors shed had been broken into and some one had also had a go at his – shared alley way so were presuming after the bike. Police were called and given the car reg, but doubt they’ll follow anything up.

davetrave
    Free Member

Nottingham too, Chilwell – will keep an eye out. Fortunately anybody who tries following me in the car/breaking in (assuming they’ve tried to drive through the barrier/managed to breach the 10ft fence and razor wire) to steal the Yeti is likely to find themselves on the wrong end of an SA80/attack dog – one of the few benefits of living on camp, at least I don’t need to worry about security too much…

ste_t
    Free Member

Will keep an eye out as I work in lace market and live in old basford. This is why I leave my proper bike at work, 3 locked doors and an alarm to protect it.

haydenw
    Free Member

Cheers for keeping an eye out everyone.

Lakes_Puma – it was bolt cutters they used, firstly on the padlock then on the lock (just a coil one). The irony is the day before i ordered a Kryptonite lock and am awaiting that being delivered… Had i ordered it sooner then maybe my bike would still be here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Merida Matts 40-D Stolen In Nottingham’ is closed to new replies.