Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Merida Brass Monkeys Round 2
  • pjm84
    Free Member

Awesome course. Enjoyed 90% of the route. Hated the single track after the tunnel though. Just bogged my 17stone frame down.

Thanks to the Kenda guy for changing my tyre whilst I took a run back to the car to get my credit card. (Should be the slowest first lap by far)

lock
    Free Member

Was great course ,got a touch of cramp though

So how muh of that area can you normally ride,I was really impressed with the drainage of the area,I rode pitch hill on Tuesday and it was a total mud/ puddle feast,

Goner make it a mission to get to know the area,might hook up with the tunnel hill trolls

allthepies
    Free Member

Tunnel hill is always open BUT if the army are out on training exercises at night (or even during the day) then please be courteous and move to another part of the area.

Straightliner

Great course today, and so, so much better than if it has been at Ash Ranges.

Simon, if you’re reading this, can we keep this as a venue and lose Ash Ranges from the schedule in future?

theotherjonv

Echo all the above, i think TH is the best area of all, shame it doesn’t have a big grassy field to make it the venue for the 12:12 as well.

It’s ‘free access’ but as per the leaflets on the cars and the post above, it is really the military’s private stomping ground so they get first dibs at all times if we want to be able to still be able to use it when they aren’t. For more info

Code of Conduct

I managed 2 laps, could have done a third but it would have been a struggle so I eased back on lap 2 (!) to enjoy the scenery and the singletrack, arrived a few seconds after cutoff and then had a bacon butty instead. And I feel far better for it tonight, tbh.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Good course. Held up well. Nice to go back to Tunnel Hill.

bigdaddy

I bent my front wheel near the end and depite the best efforts of the SRAM tech guy never made the race. Gutted

Sorry to hear that pal (I was the guy with the Ellsworth having brakes rescued by SRAM, it didn’t look good for your wheel when I was there!)

Great course as always, totally loved it, despite having to start at the back of the 2 hr field, which meant no chance of a good result, but loads of fun pukling overtake after overtake throughout the whole race. Got to 30th – not bad! (Cheers SRAM for sorting the brake – it’d of been a nightmare without that help!)

H
    Free Member

Great course today! Really enjoyed it.

Only thing that I think could be improved is that a 2nd 500m or so fire road later in the lap would have been ideal for refueling. Other that that is was perfect 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Agree, great fun, nice and dry, some awesome singletrack. Didn’t really find the lack of fireroad a problem myself.

gee
    Free Member

Well that was hard!  For some reason a lot harder than R1 – looking at my HRM trace it’s easy to see why – no rest at all the whole way round.  Relentless!  Gutted I got a flat on lap 3 but happy to pull it back to 2nd.  There seemed to be something there as while I was fixing it another chap did exactly the same…  Spooky.

Great choice of trails – very good decisions given the time of year.  Pretty much all firm and fast.  See you on my birthday (again!) for R3.  Please can R3 not be on my birthday next year… please…

GB

richP

I thought that was great.

Great course/location, I couldn’t believe how dry and how well the course held up given the recent weather.
    Enjoyed all the singletrack, the time seem to pass by more quickly than in RD 1…

Kept the ralph on the back, as the part of the couse I pre-rode was so grippy, and it was fine (Even after the two hour ‘fun’ racers had been let loose on the course.. 😛 )

Hard work though, feeling tired today!

njee20
    Free Member

Photos are up now too.

gee
    Free Member

Cover boy again Nick….

njee20
    Free Member

Haha! I assumed it would link to the gallery – rather than remember my search!

For those who don’t want to look at me gallery

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Dave Hayward was photographing as well I believe but haven’t looked for the photos yet.

Really enjoyed racing on my Yeti, turned out to be so much more comfortable that my hardtail and just as quick.

Looking forward to round 3!

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Here we go..

Dave Hayward

DIS

Really enjoyed the course, great day for a ride. I felt well battered by the end of 5 laps and i started cramping on the 2nd lap! Look forward to the next round.

pants
    Free Member

GREAT little Video on The MERIDA BRASS MONKEYS Website Round 2 page by SAVEUK

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Ah yes.. think I saw myself.. not sure though.. it was out of focus.. like nearly all of it..

pants
    Free Member

Not sure yet, but we have a prize for X amount entry’s on Christmas Day!!

Plus our internal sweep stake on how many entry’s today!!! 🙂 Not saying N E 1 is bored!

shortcut

I am bored.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Merida Brass Monkeys Round 2’ is closed to new replies.