Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • merida big 99
  • chris-p
    Free Member

I am looking at a 29er full suss for xc and marathon and the above was mentioned. Has anyone any experieces ,ride, bring weight down etc ?
    Thanks

chris-p
    Free Member

I believe there were a couple of prototypes kicking around ,anyone ride one ?

78sti
    Free Member

I have a big 99 pro 3000 21″. I have changed the rotors to hs1 the cassette to xt and taken out the tubes ans added sealant and the weight is 11.7kg wo pedals.
    This is a really fast bike. Very similar geo to epic but at giant price and you can use a regular bottle holder.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

What else did you test ride? I asked for some advice last week that included this bike as an option and no-one replied. I’m also keen on the Cube carbon 100mm travel 29er, and am coming from FSR.

chris-p
    Free Member

Thanks for your words 78sti . You must not be UK based as we do not have the 3000 model, only the pro xt – d which seems similar spec but no real weight given. I am 6’1 and thinking of the 19″ frame ? any pics ?
    thanks

ghislainlambert
    Free Member

Hi Chris

I’ve got the pro XT in XL. I’ve only had chance to ride it around the block so far but on looks alone it’s great.

Can’t really argue with the price either. Have swapped the bars, and saddle and will probably swap out the chainset as I have a Rotor3d.

It’s not superlight but then it’s a 21″ full-suss 29er.

If I remember I’ll post a ride report and some pics in the near future

Rob

chris-p
    Free Member

Hi Rob
    Glad to hear that you are happy with the big 99 pro XT. I am on the verge of ordering but cant find enough info as it’s a new model. A ride report and pics would be real useful.
    Thanks
    Chris

78sti
    Free Member

I also rode a specialazed epic on the trails and some other bikes but only in the street. If you want a cheap bike to upgrade later this is a very good option. I believe you can eaisly get under 11kg with the right components and wheels. The merida multivan team has just announced they will be using the team version of this bike in the world cup. It has the same frame but with carbon chainstays. Apparently the front triangle only weighs 500g.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

78sti Epic V Big 99: please tell us how the suspension and handling compares. The Big 99 is a 4 bar too, so I’d imagine similar suspension wise once active, but I’ve read the brains on the Epic have got fairly severe this year, and I’d rather use an active rear shock with a remote to switch between open and platform.

chris-p
    Free Member

ghislainlambert how’s life with the big 99 ? I have just ordered one and wondered your thoughts after being a proud owner for a couple of weeks !

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Linkey

This is a real light one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘merida big 99’ is closed to new replies.