Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Merecedes Vito sport dualiner
  • allyst170
    Free Member

Been looking at one of these. My local dealer as a 58 plate Black dual liner, its fully loaded inc leather.Haven’t seen it as it was out at the time, but I’m getting it on loan for a few days next week to try it out.

Any ideas on what there like.

steveh

Not a patch on the equivalent transporter t5. I’ve had a t5 kombi and a vito dualiner, kept the t5 for a year (a very long time for me to keep a vehicle) and the vito for 2.5 months as I just couldn’t stand it.

The build quality is poor, the ride isn’t great, the rear seats are awkward to remove/change, the rear wheel drive has no grip at all (mine was only a 110bhp one as well – to begin with anyway) but is no fun due to the traction control, 30mpg vs 40mpg in the t5, noisy (very in the cabin) and even the Long versions have a pretty small amount of space behind the rear seats (seriously forget compact ones), they rust really badly if you plan to keep it a while.

That’s all I can think of in a minute, could definitely find some more tho. Seriously at least look at and test a t5 kombi and I reckon you’ll feel the difference and want the t5 even tho it’ll be a bit older for the same money as residuals are much better.

allyst170
    Free Member

Looked at a T5 kombi in my local VW dealer. Sales manager wasn’t interested. Basically said here’s a brochure on your way.

steveh

Try another dealer then would be my advice! Without doubt better vans in every way I could find.

In fact the T5 kombi was the favourite van I’ve ever had out of..
    Old Vito 112
    New Vito 111 Dualiner (remapped to 150bhp)
    Transporter t5 kombi 130
    Old style Vauxhall vivaro 1.9 82 (remapped to 100bhp)
    New style Renault trafic 2.0 115bhp
    VW lt35 camper/race van conversion (still got this one but have to run a car as well).

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I am driving a 109 Vito at the moment,It is a bit noisy inside, and the anti roll bar links are banging away on bumpy roads (42.000 miles)2007.

I quite like it to drive,smooth torquey engine and handles ok in the dry but a bit scary in the wet! (rwd)

I cant get used to the foot/handbrake and found myself running down the road after parking on more than one occasion!Why mercs persist with this I just dont understand!

I am a VW T5 fan at heart though and prefer them as a van.

daveevs
    Free Member

Not driven the Merc, but have run a T5 174 for 12 months and 28k miles. It simply rocks.

Handles like a mediocre car, but has hyperdrive acceleration, especially at the top end and a great 5 cylinder sound. Mine’s a workvan, not a Sportline, so makes an excellent hustler! Fuel averages 33mpg, but not <29 even on a fast Scotland-Wales run. Front tyres lasted 22k. If you can find one, try a 4motion as grip in the wet is the only vice I can think of.

Sandwich

[pedant] That will be traction Dave not grip. The same size load and tyres will have the same grip on a 4 motion and a 2WD. [/pedant] 🙂

daveevs
    Free Member

Sandwich – thanks for maintaining the legendary STW pedantry standards. I could counter that its appetite for front tyres did affect grip… 😉

But, yes, traction is the issue. Grip is fine, even in the wet, unless you do something really, really stupid.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Merecedes Vito sport dualiner’ is closed to new replies.