Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mens merino base layers – any good deals?
  • cinnamon_girl

The On-One are sold out so is there anything else that’s cheap please?

Thanks awfully. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

orca merino. got one recently for £20ish. Google shopping will show loads.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks clubber. Found some Wiggle dhb ones for £22, everything else is twice as much!

Klunk
    Free Member

there were short sleeved merino tops @ aldi £14

anto164
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies. It’s for my son’s snowboarding trip and reckon merino would be better than the usual base layer. Also it means he can wear it for a few days. 😉

goodgrief
    Free Member

i board with an icebreaker underneath a burton shirt (havoc in this years catalogue), makes a superb combo

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Just picked up some Moon merino t shirts. Long body, and longer at the back.

£20-ish form Cotswold Outdoors.

greggparker9
    Free Member

Keep an eye on the sales over the next few days, Black’s already have some icebreaker in the sale and I think the prices will come down on boxing day again!

CHB

Embers is the best stuff I own (better than On One and Smartwool).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cg, check out Helly Warm merino goodness with Helly dryness.

Oh, and snow board? Has he come out then? 🙂

jamiec360
    Free Member

Last week Field and Trek in Coventry Garden had discounts on their icebreaker stuff, was about £40 for the 200 long sleeve crew down from £48.
    Personally one of those is probably better than 2 cheap ones, I’ve had my icebreaker for years and still looks like new.

PaulD
    Free Member

Decathlon again….in the ski/snowboarding area.

Nearest could be Reading.

PaulD

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would like to add a positive vote for Icebreaker. I am wearing Icebreaker pants today and they’re ace. 😆

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

She says it,s for her son.Um, I wonder!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Quechua do some ace, cheap ones, which I bought on the drive from Chamonix to Geneva (which may be an issue).

Decathlon might do them though (UK retailer)

cove123

Blacks shops (WGC) had cheap icebreacker/Techincal/Helly base layers, get in quick before they go Bust and come back as Sports Direct Outdoors!!!!

PaulD
    Free Member

Quechua ia a Decathlon Brand.

drain

I’ve got merino baselayers from Icebreaker, dhb, Rapha, Sugoi and Embers, and they all get a lot of use. They’re all great. In terms of value for money I think the dhb stuff is right up there.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Just bought the DHB one – very impressed with it. Lightweight, but when combined with a windstopper gilet kept me very warm on the surrey hills the other weekend.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mens merino base layers – any good deals?’ is closed to new replies.