• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Men's Hummvee Shorts…anygood or better options out there?
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

About to push the button some shorts to ride in and was wondering if there is better out there for £45.

Are the Endura Singletrack Shorts better or just "lighter"

chakaping
    Free Member

Terrible stitching on my pair. Gusset ripped open on a ride, much to everyone's amusement.

Wouldn't buy again.

Edit: And two pairs of the liner shorts split. The original and warranty replacement.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

What do you ride in now?

younggeoff

Stiching does wear on the seat, fortunately have access to a sewing machine. Fit is excellent apart from that have three pairs and love them.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Been wearing a pair for four years as my main riding shorts and just rotated the inners.

No problems whatsoever.

Did find them cut a bit odd for walking or running in at the gym, but that's not what CYCLING shorts are for after all.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Mine in the other hand have been fine. Seem to get a year out of a pair but they sure do some milage in that time!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I don't like the singletracks as the velcro strap rubs agains my calf a lot 🙂

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Are the Endura Singletrack Shorts better or just "lighter"

nickc

Any old pair of tough nylon shorts (if you must), with good quality lycra underneath

ruddy
    Free Member

If you can sew get them (Endura support is not strong), if not pick some that won't disintegrate relatively quickly (prior experience of these and Singletracks).

br
    Free Member

Now on third pair, paid £40 at the LBS as while I only wanted a pair of inners at that price I may as well get both.

Strong material, crashed on numerous occasions and still wearable.

One set of inners split, but after a good year plus of riding 2-3 times (and washing/tumbling) per week thats fine.

rootes1

outer bit thumbs up – inner bit rubbish

had one pair of outers for 4 years – still going fine inc daily commute duty

Del

gore countdown come with removable liners. bit more pricey but buy cheap buy twice IME.

Mounty_73

I have 2 pairs, great shorts, never had any problems….a fair amount of abuse and still going strong…after nearly 3 years.

I love the Endura stuff, never really have any problems with quality.

Singletracks are quite heavier and thicker IMO. I just didnt like the feel of the material, it reminds me of my old scout tents ! 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Knackered a pair of the Singletracks pretty quickly anm now on some Altura Boulder 3/4s had a few crashes and they haven't ripped, good belt and good fit for my large buttocks.

Cheap on ebay…

Shack
    Free Member

Had a couple of pair of Humvees one pair 4 years old now, washed out and zips knackered, just replaced with a pair of Singletracks. They are certainly a lot better put together and seem a lot tougher, mind you only a couple of weeks old so a long way to go yet. I also think I prefer the fit, seem to be not quite as baggy as the humvee.

Tinners

I think that mine are Humvee. If they are, it's the "popper" that keeps popping open that irritates me. Would be better with a proper button above the zip.
    (…and before you ask – no beer gut)

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Love my Humvees but the stitching is a bit iffy in places, that said been my main shorts for over two years and still wearable, liner is okay as well.

speaker2animals

I must be really lucky as I have never had any complaints about my Endura kit and I have quite a lot of it. If you are slimmish I'd go for the Singletrack, if you are a bit chubby (like me) the full elastic waist of the Humvee is much more comfortable and able to fit to your shape. I like the Singletrack as they are much more simple. Humvee's are a little too complex for me. Too many useless pockets.

br
    Free Member

gore countdown come with removable liners. bit more pricey but buy cheap buy twice IME.

The Humvees come with a removable liner, that 'pops' into place.

Mounty_73

Tinners

I have that same problem on one of my shorts, it really irritates me that it keeps popping!

But my two pairs have different types of poppers….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I found Humvee made me look like MC Hammer – just waaay too baggy.

I have normal and 3/4 length Singletracks and love them. Sub 30" waist though…

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have singletrack and humvee 3/4 lengths, both are pretty good, but quite warm/heavy so good when it's cooler. The Humvee's are pretty rubbish if it rains though!

Just bought a pair of Fox attack 09's from Stif for £50 and they are very light, quick drying and comfortable. The liner is removable, but only comes down to mid thigh, which I prefer for summer. They are dry as soon as the washing machine finishes it's spin cycle. The only down side is there are only a couple of pockets.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

2 pairs, one with dodgy zips (every one of them) and the other with rubbish stitching. One liner short too small the other too big. Complained to them and they had the cheek to say that their competitors use inferior zips.

messiah
    Free Member

Currently I'm love with Royal Chevron shorts… I paid £25 for my first pair and after two rides went and bought another. Ridiculously good for the price, inner short okay for short rides but not as good as real bibs etc, but how could it be?

Ewan
    Free Member

Humvees – best shorts ever. Although they did change the sizing about 3 years ago which confused me – large is the new medium as it were.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Men's Hummvee Shorts…anygood or better options out there?’ is closed to new replies.