Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Men/Films/Crying discuss!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Old I know but we just watched seven pounds, jeees, I did have a tear in my eye!! However I’m soft as bollox, have to turn children in need off etc. Went to scotchland for a weekend of mountain biking in the summer, got back, kids had missed me etc, they put Up on, utterly destroyed me!!! Yeah yeah MTFU wrighty, just me?

_tom_
    Free Member

Marley and Me is the only film that I’ve shed a tear over thus far. Probably because I can relate to it 🙁

freddyg
    Free Member

Nope, not just you. I’m similar, just can’t keep the tears in at times. Films are bad, but children in need is especially traumatic.

Have often wondered if it is a reaction to my father being an emotional vacuum.

Northwind

7 Pounds is a good film. Can’t say as I teared up but I was impressed.

Lilo and Stitch made me bubble up. Actually just thinking about that scene where he’s out in the forest could get me going now. “I’m lost…”. Waaaaaaahhhh.

Creg

The scene from “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly” where his father calls him gets me every time 😥

richmtb

Anyone who doesn’t have a tear in their eye during “Up” has a heart of stone

DrRSwank
    Free Member

When Arnie puts his thumb up in Terminator two always makes me cry 😉

Sensitivity is not to be embarassed about. Sometimes I can get teary watching the most stupid thing – and perhaps it’s the world around me that is creating the greater emotion.

Films only make you cry cos they remind you of some aspect of your life. And being sensitive to what goes on in life is no bad thing.

Right, I’m going for a manly weep now……

Hohum
    Free Member

Meet Joe Black makes me greet.

Not sure if it was related to the film itself or just how depressed I was at the time.

Watching the finale of Lost, when I knew what is was about, and realising I have to move on myself upset me a lot as well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Hatchi and eight below both spring to mind. There is a link between the two and I don’t mean thenumber eight.

coffeeking
    Free Member

No. Generally if I get sad at a film it’s because I’ve got other problems I need to deal with. It’s a good indicator for me to get out and enjoy stuff more.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Last time I cried about something I was watching was years ago now, it was Eastenders.

I was having the mother of all come downs after a very heavy weekend mind.

timdrayton
    Free Member

When i was 16 and schindlers list had just come out, i was an usher at our local cinema, they did a midweek daytime special showing for a load of elderly jewish people.

That was an atmosphere!

I cried like a baby, really affected me.

I now regularly gibber at sad bits e.g up, green mile, forest gump, the mission, god theres loads i even got upset at an episode of quincy once, as the missus gleefully reminds me regularly…

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Hey Quincy was an emotional show!

That opening theme still puts a lump in my, er, throat….

NikNak7890
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member

Marley and Me is the only film that I’ve shed a tear over thus far. Probably because I can relate to it

I concur.
    I blubbed when I read the book, and now start to fill up when I know “that scene” is coming

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ha ha its good to know I’m not alone. I do think I may suffer from over active tear ductery or something tho 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

the end of finding neverland hit me like a brick to the face…. luckily it seemed like i wasnt the only one as quite a few guys slunk out to the toilet straight away and were standing at the sinks washing their faces it seemed.

i dont mind admitting i’m partial to the odd tear-release, never in life when it would be appropriate… always in films.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Dead Poet’s Society was the first film I cried at. I think as we get older, we find it easier to cry TBH.

headfirst
    Free Member

Another vote for Marley and Me…I had to leave the room, didn’t want my daughters (who had tears streaming down their faces) to see me in bits…must keep those emotions hidden… 😉

KT1973
    Free Member

I cried when I read the Time Travellers Wife, but the film was a bit of an anticlimax.
    Since having kids I’m a lot more emotional. I can’t watch/read news stories about child abuse (such as baby P case) or I become furious and upset and can’t get it out of my mind.

Smarty
    Free Member

The Green Mile – I blubbed like a baby, I never have and never will watch it a second time.

jools182
    Free Member

Is everyone American on this forum?

We’re British, if we started blubbing every 5 minutes we’d never get anywhere 😉

Only stuff that gets me is war documentaries and films. I just find war so bizarre but interesting all the same

Junkyard
    Free Member

never cried at a film – no shame either way

GrahamS

Any heroic “die to save your friends/family” act has me in bits.

And obviously anything to do with a dog being harmed.

A heroic dog dying to save a family would probably wear out a tear duct.

DrT
    Free Member

Recently watched Precious by Lee Daniels. I doubt anyone could watch it without crying. Incredibly emotive film dealing with very difficult subject matter.

brakes
    Free Member

I used to cry at Dallas and Neighbours and all kinds of rubbish when I was a kid… I’m glad I got it out of my system early
    now I don’t even get as much as a lip quiver
    even when Mufasa dies in The Lion King

Cougar

I remember watching Armageddon on a transatlantic flight years ago, and bawling like a five year old who’d just fallen off his bike.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

what a bunch of pansies!

Kahurangi

Strong men also cry

BobaFatt
    Free Member

The end of Into the Wild when they zoomed into a picture of the real Chris McCandless looking gaunt sitting next to the old bus he died in

I don’t care what anyone thought of him or what he did, gets me every time

grievoustim
    Free Member

I cry at loads of stuff – but ‘eternal sunshine of the spotless mind’ makes me cry the most.

Et was the first film I cried at as a kid.

firestarter
    Free Member

Bunch of meatballs in gravy

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    I remember watching Armageddon on a transatlantic flight years ago, and bawling like a five year old who’d just fallen off his bike.

It’s a pretty **** film, but it’s not that bad.

yunki
    Free Member

don’t think I’ve ever shed a tear during a sad bit..

but the happy happy joy joy feelgood bits get a good welling up out of me nine times out of ten..

Welled up in the cinema as a kid watching ET.

Only film I’ve blubbed to in recent years was The Notebook – and boy did I blub.

iDave
    Free Member

that bit in titanic where you hope it’s nearly over but it goes on and on and doesn’t end………

superdan

Only film ever to have any effect on me that way was the part in I am Legend (which was generally shocking) where the dog dies. Was pretty glad I was watching it by myself at that point, as it was pretty embarrassing.

On a slight sidetrack, watching Up In The Air by yourself in a generic hotel room, while on business was pretty depressing.

allthepies
    Free Member

FFS chaps, get a grip!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Totally agree about Up. Not made any easier by the fact that he looks EXACTLY like my grandfather and has all the same mannerisms as he had. It was tough not to turn it off 🙁

sofaking
    Free Member

silent running is the only film to ever make me cry.

i was about 5 at the time (still love the film tho)

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for Silent Running, I saw it as a sci fi obsessed nine year old and cried like a baby.

Also as others have probably mentioned, Spock’s self sacrifice in The Wrath of Khan gets me every time.

Film no 3 was My Best Friend’s Wedding, because it was utterly, irredeemably and completely awful.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Men/Films/Crying discuss!’ is closed to new replies.