Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mendip Riders – a plea for help (camera footage needed)
  • andyl
    Free Member

I can’t disclose any details at present but I would really appreciate it if anyone who has some footage of a specific area from the last couple of months could get in touch (email in profile).

The route I am looking for is the area around or looking towards the antennas at Charterhouse next to Blackdown. Something like the run down from Trig point in the Easterly direction towards the antennas would be perfect.

It’s nothing to do with ROW, footpaths etc etc if anyone would be wary of providing footage due to those reasons.

Edric64
    Free Member

Are you looking at the path” repair” work?

andyl
    Free Member

no, nothing like that. I am actually looking for evidence of something in the background completely unrelated to the trails or blackdown itself.

Trekster

Not my area but something like this?

konanige

are you looking for something that may still be there, as will be up there tomorrow morn

andyl
    Free Member

Trekster – from the trig at the start here but heading directly east down the footpath towards the Charterhouse antennas not the north turning to north east path this guy takes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhoobQy2thI

konanige – what I am concerned about is in the field now but I am trying to find out roughly how long it’s been there. Last time I rode the route was back in August and I am sure it was there but want some photographic evidence.

It’s for a very worthy cause and makes things like use of footpaths and bridleway sanitisation or property stuff seem petty.

ifra
    Free Member

I ride there weekly, although not the last couple of weeks due to the work being done on the path to the trig, is what ur after in the open or in the fields from the gate to masts or from trig to gate, Ill ask some of the lads if they have any footage

konanige

Have been up there this morning and could see nothing in the field bar sheep, I would however like to know what counts as trail maintenance or destruction, because it looks like they’ve been testing missiles up there!!!!!

andyl
    Free Member

I see what you mean with regards to the maintenance as I went for a ride yesterday before today’s rain. Why did they destroy the lovely bridleways across the top of black down instead of churning up the already ruined peaty bridleways on the south side and then fixing them properly? 😥

I can probably say a bit more now as things have progressed. It regards the livestock in the fields. Some of the photos I have from the last few days are pretty grim 😥

konanige

I didn’t get near enough to see the livestock properly, I did notice three people appearing to search the ground In the next field up from the sheep though

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Is this related to the fabled Mendip big cat?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mendip Riders – a plea for help (camera footage needed)’ is closed to new replies.