Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Mendip, near-miss, an apology
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sorry, really sorry, to the two cyclists I nearly collided with on Limestone-Link today. Entirely my fault, for stupidly barrelling around the corner – over enthusiasm on very fast-running trails, I think. The outcome could have been horrible and I’m really grateful none of us were hurt nor our bikes damaged. Really sorry guys.

clubber
    Free Member

will have to keep bumping this just to lol at the predictable holier than thou responses from people who’ve never made a silly mistake 😀

Dancake
    Free Member

As long as you bellowed “STRAAAAVVVVAAAAAAA” you will be fine

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well you’ve probably pre empted an “arsehole on the trail” thread…

deluded
    Free Member

Describe the two cyclists’ – or their bikes.

clubber
    Free Member

bump 😀

andyl
    Free Member

damn, wish I had gone up there on my bike today. Might have literally ran into you!

Funnily enough I was wondering if the dog and I we would come up against a biker on a strava run on the bridleway or woods not far from there.

deluded
    Free Member

Something about the tone and language of Buzz’s post and his subsequent silence tells me that it was not worth posting … or it was intended facetiously.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Err, I’ve been at the cinema watching Prometheus with some pals. I have an off-forum life. And I don’t do that Strava she ite neither.

deluded
    Free Member

What’s Strava got to do with it?

Your post history of 347 pages suggests a quick turnaround.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow you cannot even apologise without a flaming

A new low for stw?

deluded
    Free Member

I’m not flaming – I’d like an answer to my question, given that I was up there today and had a near miss – thought I’d engage in some banter – thanks for your input though JY 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

perhaps saying it may have been you would have been more productive method?
    just saying how it reads without knowing the facts it may have been you and this is banter.
    It is not clear to me.

deluded
    Free Member

perhaps saying it may have been you would have been more productive method?

From my post I thought that was understood without being openly expressed? Obviously not.

BL – lets have it then, descriptions. Was one on a Spesh Stumpjumper wearing a brown top and his mate on a black Cove Hustler lagging behind blowing out his arse?

Did it happen near to the start of the LL, not far from the track that descends from the Beacon Batch trig point?

Conan257
    Free Member

Must be a very fine line between “Sorry for the near miss” and “Almost hit a couple of idiots who didn’t get out the way”.

Always nice to see people take the moral high ground though.

rOcKeTdOg

Surely in an opposite to vehicle etiquette the DHer has priority and those plodding up should be on alert to get out the way/ not stand on the racing line so as not to spoil someones GnarGrrr fun?

clubber
    Free Member

stirrer 😉

wallop

From my post I thought that was understood without being openly expressed? Obviously not.

Very definitely not.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

deluded: I didn’t check-out the bikes, but it was two guys. It was close to the turn-off down into West Twin Brook. TBH they didn’t seem that bothered, but I was.

RD: visibility on the corner was not good enough for the speed I was going. Entirely my bad.

mrmo
    Free Member

I have an off-forum life.

? there is a world off forum? sorry not sure i believe you.

deluded
    Free Member

Right, no our little encounter was near the start of the link. We’d just come in on the track (after the gate) that leads up from Burrington Combe Road and two riders came barreling around the corner, with one nearly ‘endoing’ as he grabbed his brakes in surprise – he was on a Yeti I think. It was laughed off and they headed off over the other side of The Coombe. No worries 🙂

paddy0091
    Free Member

obviously too fast for the trail. Maybe you should stick to world cups?

paddy0091
    Free Member

😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Mendip, near-miss, an apology’ is closed to new replies.