• This topic has 110 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Men with long hair
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Having reached 50 and because I can I have grown my hair. Not bald or grey like most of you 🙂 ( its a cheaper version of the red sports car and trophy wife)

The question is is there anyway of keeping it out of your eyes when doing stuff that you don’t look like and utter berk doing?

I haven’t had long hair since the 70s – there must be some modern men with long hair who can help me? Just plaster it back with “hair products”?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Wear a hat like a Rasta.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, seen recently;

clubber
    Free Member

Get a footballer style alice band 😉

Or dreads – then you can be an auto-bigot…

philconsequence
    Free Member

dreadlocks

no need to thank me when you start getting followed by attractive women like the lynx adverts 😆

wwaswas

http://www.manbands.co.uk/

[disclaimer]

I have a ‘high forehead’ and a no 3 clip on what’s left thus I have no idea if these work or if you’ll look like a berk.

[/disclaimer]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

look like and utter berk

Sorry, but…this. Forever. Never anything else.

djc1245
    Free Member

I don’t do hair. Haven’t had any for years, so everyday is a bad hair day for me.
    I’m having visions of a mullet Tandem

Junkyard
    Free Member

hair bobble thingy if long enough
    Alice band if you are metrosexual enough

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ don’t grow it too long!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No no – its not a mullet!

chojin
    Free Member

Yeah long hair is a bitch, especially if you ride quite regularly (I assume not since you’re asking on STW). Get used to taking as long as a woman in the shower everytime :p

Oh and also get used to people taking the p*ss too! Usually from those who are unable to grow hair for themselves – go figure 🙄

Tips for keeping it out of your eyes? Wear a hat.

iDave
    Free Member

The question is is there anyway of keeping it out of your eyes

Haircut?

toys19
    Free Member

TJ you are way beyond help, posting this just adds ammunition to those who think you are a preening egomaniac. I mean asking for men’s grooming tips on here, get a bloody grip man.

yossarian
    Free Member

is this the look you’ve going for TJ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

is this the look you’ve going for TJ?

Well, neither of them is Scottish, so why not! 😈

GW
    Free Member

TJ if your hair is getting in your eyes your fringe is probably still at that inbetween length, when it’s longer it naturally doesn’t go in your eyes.

<EDIT> you could always wear a helmet until it gets there 😉

😆

Diane
    Free Member

I think you should experiment in front of the mirror TJ and post pics of the various results for us to vote on (Bobble, hair band, piggies , pony etc) I dare you !

nickjb
    Free Member

I use a hat to manage my foppish hair for tennis. Cycle helmet does the job on the bike. Haven’t quite had the nerve to try an alice band but a couple of the lads I play football with wear them.

philconsequence
    Free Member

unlike these jokers 🙄 i’ve done some serious research for you TJ, its been through a double blind super trial and peer reviewed by the tallest peers i could find.

some ideas for you:

lunge

I wore a hair band to play football in when mine was long. No one took the Mick out of my hair, possibly as they were too busy laughing at my questionable footballing ability. On a bike in just tucked pushed it back and my helmet kept it out of the way.

I would suggest if you’re particually bad or good at what you do noone will care anyway!

TheBrick
    Free Member

sweat band

philconsequence
    Free Member

why not celebrate your hair?

DezB
    Free Member

Cycle helmet does the job

Yes. Good advice. Wear one ALL THE TIME.

_tom_
    Free Member

I couldn’t find anything that didn’t make me look a right ****t, so ended up cutting it a few years ago and haven’t looked back 😀

BikePawl
    Free Member

This is the look TJ has cultivated

There is no hope for him!
    Except a trip to the barbers and getting a proper manly haircut.

bananaworld
    Free Member

my helmet kept it out of the way

Wear one ALL THE TIME

And another thread bites the dust. Too bad as the tea’s only just brewed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yer all just jealous of my luxuriant flowing locks

uplink
    Free Member

Mid-life crisis time TJ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh indeed uplink

At least growing ones hair is cheaper than the red sports car and the trophy wife

hilldodger
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I find that the Che beret as worn by Wolfie Smith works for me.

tang
    Free Member

I had waist length hair for over 20 years, until january this year when i shaved the whole lot off. tbh you got to have nice hair for it to be long plus be a bit pretty. Tjah (i seem to remember is a bit of a dub/reggae fan) dreads is the only way for you, esp as you dont wear a helmet. you can wrap them in a rasta hat and you will have some protection.

btw when i had long hair i tied it in a neat bun on the nape of my neck, coupled with my slim legs i often got wolf whistles from van drivers, until they saw my stubble!

z1ppy

The question is is there anyway of keeping it out of your eyes when doing stuff that you don’t look like and utter berk doing?

You let it grow longer and put it in a pony tail…. oh didn’t see the utter berk thing. (remember under ever pony tail is an ****hole)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PMSL @ some of the contextual adverst showing up top there…..

Recently included;
    Regaine for men
    and….even better….

Stannah Stairlifts!

GW
    Free Member

At least growing ones hair is cheaper than the red sports car and the trophy wife

no where near as much fun tho. 😉 if you’re going to have a midlife crisis do it properly and go for all 3.

LoCo
    Free Member

wwaswas

until they saw my stubble!

legs are tricky, aren’t they – have you tried waxing?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Mine has been allowed to go feral over the last year or so. Fortunately, I live most of my life wearing either a beanie or a bike helmet. Occasionally there are brief periods where I’m not wearing either. Then it’s a right pain in the t*ts.

If I didn’t live somewhere where wearing a beanie pretty-much 24/7 is acceptable, I’d have chopped my hair ages ago!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

don’t go for the hairband option, doesn’t work on men.

tie it back in a pony tail and don’t use too many products on it, as it’ll look ick otherwise.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Men with long hair’ is closed to new replies.