Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • memory-map/gps question
  • Gooner
    Free Member

if i want to download a bike route from my memory-map onto my gps so that i can follow the route (not done this route for a couple of years so will be taking a map as well!) am i best downloading the “route” or the “track” or does it not make any difference?

also how do i ensure that my “current position” is always on my gps screen while i am riding?

thanks

duckers
    Free Member

I have a Garmin Forerunner and it only recognises routes; I suppose that makes sense as a route is made up of way points with a direction, where as a track has no way points.

What type of GPS unit do you have?

Gooner
    Free Member

etrex vista and you are right having tried to download i can only download rotes

duckers
    Free Member

Routes it is then! Memory map will do track to route conversion and theres a reverse route function if you need it….

DrP

I just r-click the ROUTE, and click on ‘send to GPS’. That’s with an edge 605.

If i want to do it backwards, however, i have to reverse route on MM, not on the unit.

DrP

Dibbs
    Free Member

I could always load Tracks to my Vista from Memory-Map, you’re doing something wrong.
    Anyway the 605 and the Vista are two completely different animals so be very careful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘memory-map/gps question’ is closed to new replies.