Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Memory Map help required please
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m finding MM to be VERY user unfriendly. 🙁

I have 2 routes (god knows how I thought I created them all at once)

How can I join them together please? I can’t see a way of doing it.

Thanks

5thElefant
    Free Member

Don’t know, but their support forums are pretty good.

If all else fails export as GPX and do a bit of cut an paste.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If all else fails export as GPX and do a bit of cut an paste.

I don’t know how to do that. Export to where?

Why can’t I just click on one route then join it to another? If that’s the only way there is to do it then it’s a shit piece of software.

uplink
    Free Member

It’s crap isn’t it?

I seem to recall you can right click and then ‘split track’ or ‘join track’ a combination of those may do it

5thElefant
    Free Member

Never tried. It certainly is a bit shit though.

Export (from memory, it’s been a while). Right mouse button to bring up the profile and you’ll see a save or export button of some kind. Choose GPX. It’s human readable so you should be able to edit it easy enough.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah I was right. It’s just crap software

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/supportforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1752

I don’t know how to convet them. I can’t see a button to do that. Why bother? I’ll just use a map.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Christ. I think I’ve worked it out. What a flippin palava.

Thanks for the help guys 🙂

markgraylish
    Free Member

Yes, there’s a bit of a steep learning curve with MM.

FYI: In MM, a “Route” is a series on “Waypoints” joined together in the correct order by a straight line. Personally I never use “Routes” as I much prefer “Tracks”.

Tracks are just a series of points you click on the map and are generally easier to generate and tracks can be joined together a lot easier.

palmer77
    Free Member

Slightly off topic. I have version 4.4.2 on my computer which a friend gave me. Is there any way of making us of this on the iPhone without buying v5?

Andy

Yup tracks the way to go and then if want to join then put in the third track joining and then “join tracks”. Can then save and export.

I think…. 😕

highclimber
    Free Member

I have version 4.4.2 on my computer which a friend gave me. Is there any way of making us of this on the iPhone without buying v5?

No, the Iphone app is completely different to the desktop version.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sort of. The app is different but if you have the maps on the desktop you can export them and send them to the iphone. Not sure what version of the desktop app you need though.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Pretty sure you’ll need something considerably later than v4.4.2 and then you may run into compatibility issues with the OS maps themselves

highclimber
    Free Member

I beleive from the ver 4 to ver 5 you the personal user licence is not transferable and thus you have to buy the maps again.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

or use a hex editor to change the date

13thfloormonk

I’ve never found it that user-unfriendly…

Sounds like you’ve cracked it but just to re-iterate.

Right click > operations > convert to track > right click on the track > operations > split and join to your hearts content 8)

Just don’t trust the ‘total ascent’ figures on the route cards, as I discovered with some help from Stu_N…

convert

As Cruzheckler says – if you can get hold of a copy of V5 (say buy the cheapest V5 single map you can find) you can use a hex editor to change the copyright date at the bottom of the v4 files; import them in to V5 then use the (bought) version of the iphone app. You can transfer whole maps to your iphone or just sections.

Can’t say I agree about MM being naff – love it – but I use it everyday so maybe I’ve just got used to its limitations….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Memory Map help required please’ is closed to new replies.