Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Memory Map Adventurer 2800 GPS for MTB
  • dogthomson

Anyone got a Memory Map Adventurer 2800 GPS that they use for MTBing? Seemed to get favourable reviews in this month's Trail magazine but obviously it isn't a bike specific review.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I've got a Adventurer 7000 and that works great for MTBing. Also I "made" mine. Start with the "normal" road angle for about £60 off Ebay and then added Memory map on to it, you can get the software (not the maps) for free of the memory map site.

dogthomson

You've lost me, 'made' it?

Care to expand?

uplink
    Free Member

I think what he's saying is the the [discontinued] Road Angel Navigator is much cheaper that the Adventurer
    They are the same unit but without the OS mapping

Dibbs
    Free Member

I've got an Adventurer 7000, the mapping works OK but its too big for my liking and the handlebar mount is utter crap, its not too brilliant for car use either.

fbk
    Free Member

Don't really think it's fair to compare the 2800 to the 7000 – totally different hardware, different size, shape etc. I had a Road Angel (7000) – it was crap!

I had a play with the 2800 at the Cycleshow and it does look much better – v fast scrolling, nice screen & quite intuitive if you're used to the memorymap way of doing things. It's supposed to be weatherproof, although not nec completely waterproof (as in dropping it in a river). I'd be a little worried about the touch screen getting hammered with use out in the mud but only time will tell.

My Bro's just received his in the post (having ordered it at the Cycleshow!!) – I'll let you know how he get's on.

zinger
    Free Member

just for info i bought a adventurer 2800 and within 4 days i sent it back to get a refund

IMHO its rubbish – ok so it displays nice 0S50 maps – but everything else on it is dire

You cant do basic things like set an onboard clock, see elevation data, speed, distance travelled etc

You even have to use a stylus to navigate round the interface

The user interface is pretty poor, and there seems to be nothing but complaints on the mm forum for the device

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Memory Map Adventurer 2800 GPS for MTB’ is closed to new replies.