Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Memory Foam
  • alanlbikes
    Free Member

Any experience of Ergroflex Memory foam,or alternatives.New mattress needed.

philbert31
    Free Member

I’ve got a memory foam pillow, it’s top notch!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

New mattress = pocket springs 🙂

martymac

i dont know the brand, but last year i bought a memory foam matress and the back pain i have experienced for most of my life literally disappeared overnight.
    i also now have a memory foam pillow, it too is superb.
    they are chuffin hot in the summer tho . . . . .

trail_rat
    Free Member

I love my memoryfoam matress , makes hotel beds – even posh ones feel crap

Markie
    Free Member

We have Tempur mattresses and they are brilliant. As per trail_rat, they make other mattresses feel rubbish.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Memory foam is the business. Pillows and pocket sprung combo mattress. Highly recommended.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Only nice if you don’t mind being hot and sweaty in bed all the time! 😉

carlosg
    Free Member

What chrisdw said , we slept on one at a friends holiday cottage and I hated it ,sweat like a pig on it for 2 weeks and swore I’d never buy one.

z1ppy

Thoughly happy with ours had it a bit short of 2years.
    Reassuringly* expensive but when you spend so long in bed, why not splash some cash, and no we aren’t sweaty mess due to it

*=very

chipsngravy
    Free Member

IMO Awful things. I originally bought a Tempur matress for a bad back. Every time I rolled over at night I had to climb out of the hole left by my body. My back ended up worse. They’re also a hinderance when it comes to sex.

busydog
    Free Member

Had one for 7 years now and would never go back to a traditional mattress

parkesie
    Free Member

Memory foam top on a pocket sprung zzzzzzzzzzz

jonba
    Free Member

We have a Tempur and as above, I find all other beds, even in nice hotels just aren’t as nice. I’d buy another one if needed.

I’m sure that the alternatives to Tempur are just as good these days.

Grimy
    Free Member

Memory foam is so last decade. It’s no good to shag on (no bounce) and its too hot. Pocket springs with a healthy layer of latex on top is where it’s at. Stays cooler, bounces back, and its hypoallergenic. 😀

collinstiffee
    Free Member

i remember all my dreams now. it’s fab.

busydog
    Free Member

We use a sheepskin mattress cover over our memory foam, so keeps one cool and just adds another touch of comfort

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t like the one we got. Probably to do with being a big bloke and them not designing to my weight, but it did my back more harm than good. A good ‘proper’ mattress has always felt better for me.

globalti
    Free Member

Be very careful as it could be an expensive mistake. As you’ll have worked out from the answers above the lovers and haters of memory foam are divided roughly 50/50 with no medium ground in between. Even bed retailers will now admit that “memory foam is not for everyone”. I tried it and it made me sweat like hell and as somebody else wrote above, it was difficult to turn over. Give me a nice firm traditional mattress any time. Hotels won’t go down the route because they know half their guests will complain.

BTW Tempur is just memory foam with an expensive price tag to make you think it’s something different.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Try Ikea, there are lovers and haters of their mattresses but they do a 90day exchange, which allows you to try a different mattress if you don’t get on with the original. Worked for us, my wife is very fussy and I had bad back problems so we ended up with 2 beds and separate rooms!

We sleep well though 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Think ours is a sensaform

Remember the first week nearly falling off the bed as i sleep close to te edge . Thought crap ive made a mistake as it wisnae cheap

After that incident i moved in from edge and its been grand since .

As has been pointed out to me I do not move at all probably why it suits me

Naranjada
    Free Member

Yep, I bought an Ergoflex in this month’s sale @ £400 + deliv.

I’ve slept on Tempur before and the Ergoflex feels as good but for 25%!! of the price.

They delivered very quickly too.

The mattress comes vacuum packed, rolled up and in a box.

Would recommend.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Pillow good, mattress terrible – IMHO, damn sheets come untucked from it due to it changing shape & mean you wake up 3 times a night wrapped up like a mummy

patriotpro
    Free Member

I have none of the bad experiences above to report. Maybe it’s to do with the coolmax fabric and pocket sprung-ness of it.

Maybe they’ve bought cheap?

alanlbikes
    Free Member

Thanks for your input,given us a lot to think about,cheers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Memory Foam’ is closed to new replies.